Chapter 32

"Juniper LeAnn," Maisy screeched as soon as Junie picked up the phone. "Where the hell have you been? I've been calling you for an hour."

Junie pushed her messy hair out of her face, glancing at Levi, who smirked mischievously.

"Mais, is something wrong?" Junie asked, sitting up but keeping the sheet over her bare body. "I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention to my phone."

Her friend huffed. "You're lucky I didn't come over there."

"You are lucky," Junie said, pulling the phone away slightly so she could giggle. Levi reached to pull the sheet away but she swatted at him.

"I don't even want to know," Maisy replied, and Junie could practically see her eyes rolling. "Anyways, that article you published on your blog is blowing up."

"What?" Junie asked in disbelief, feeling her smile drop. She got out of bed, slipping on one of Levi's t-shirts and going downstairs to retrieve her laptop.

"A lot of hits. So much so that a morning show reached out to me, a major televised show."

"Holy shit," Junie mumbled as she got a glimpse of her email. "Get over here, Maisy."

"Put some clothes on. I'll be there in a sec," Maisy said, shuffling around.

"Levi," Junie yelled, scrambling upstairs and straight into Levi's chest. He gripped her arms to steady her.

"What happened?" he asked. He was still fully nude.

"Somehow my article on my new blog went viral," she said, rushing around him. "Put some clothes on. Maisy will be here in a moment with details."

Once things had settled after Christmas, Junie had started her own blog. It wasn't anything crazy, just bits and pieces about her life, an occasional recipe, and whatever odds and ends she wanted to throw in. She had just done a piece on Maisy's shop since her friend was hosting a Valentine's event. It was Galentine's based, and Junie liked the topic.  She didn't expect this at all.

The views on her website and on her social media pages were really good, but she didn't consider them news worthy.

"Knock, knock," Maisy yelled, letting herself in with her key just as Junie was coming back downstairs.

"This producer scout lady calls at work, I guess because she could find my contact information online. She said that her friend in the area has been raving about your blog because it's so real." Maisy said, dropping onto Junie's couch.

"I saw the email she had sent," Junie said. "They want to fly us to New York to film a segment for their Galentine's special episode showcasing friendship and strong women role models."

Maisy squeaked.

"Wait, I'm going to call," Junie said, dialing the number that was listed in the email.

"Is this the famous Juniper from Junie's Not-So-Secret Diary?" a female lady asked.

"Yes, this is Junie," Junie said, glancing at Levi as he sat beside her.  His hand followed the curves of her back.

"I'm so glad you saw my email, Junie. My name is Grace and I am in charge of finding people to feature for different segments of Wake Up America. We would love to fly you and Maisy out here for our special episode airing on Wednesday."

Junie glanced at Maisy who nodded eagerly.

"We would love to," Junie said.

"Perfect," Grace said. "I'll have someone send over your plane tickets shortly. It looks like Tuesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon are going to be the flight times for arrival and departure. You and Maisy will only have a short segment, about 5-7 minutes, if you want to type up some talking points that you want the hosts to hit, and send them my way."

"Okay," Junie agreed. "Can we bring someone with us?"

"I can add one additional ticket. That's all the space available on the flight. Will that do?"

"Yes, that would be great," she said, fighting back her giddy smile. "Thank you."

"Thank you," Grace said back. "We're all looking forward to meeting you. I'll be in touch with details."

The phone clicked and Maisy gave another screech. Levi winced.

"I still don't understand how this happened," Junie mumbled as Maisy grabbed her hands.

"Who cares? We're getting a paid trip to the big city," Maisy grinned. "Who are we taking with us?"

"I was thinking MiMi," Junie admitted, glancing at Levi. "Is that okay?"

"More than okay," he confirmed, letting his nose run along her cheek and down her neck. "I'm so proud of you."

Junie felt herself flush.

"I can't wait to tell Luc and MiMi too. Let me know if you hear anything else," Maisy said, running out the front door.

"She never loses energy," Levi said.

"Nope," Junie giggled, arching her neck as he started kissing down her skin.

"This wouldn't be possible without you," she told him.

"Nonsense, angel."

"I'm serious. You're the one who told me that I should start my own thing. You believed in me."

"My sweet little mate," he cooed, lifting her up into his lap.