Chapter 15

Junie and Levi finished cleaning the kitchen in no time, moving over to the couch while Maisy helped MiMi prepare for bed.

Levi extended his arm and she curled close. He kissed her forehead.

"Why don't I go home?" he asked. "I'll come back and pick you up whenever you want me to. That'll give you some time with Maisy."

"No, I want you to stay," she said quietly. "We're just going to watch a movie, unless you don't want to."

"You should definitely stay," Maisy said behind them.

Junie turned to look at her.

"I bought stuff to make Malibu Sunsets," Maisy said as she plopped down next to Junie, and taking most of her blanket that she was using. "What do you want to watch?"

They ended up starting a Disney movie because Maisy wanted something to sing along to. They watched the first one almost all the way through before Maisy got up to make them drinks.

"What's a Malibu Sunset?" Levi asked curiously, inspecting the pretty drink in Junie's hands.

"Rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and grenadine," Junie said. She took a drink, turning to Maisy.  "This tastes very alcoholic."

Maisy shrugged, hiding her grin behind the glass. "I only found grenadine liqueur."

It was good though. Two drinks in, Junie found the movie (and Maisy) to be way funnier than they probably actually were.

Junie and Maisy ended up on the floor as they continued to giggle, just tipsy and slap-happy.

"Why is he kind of fine," Maisy whispered.

Junie laughed. "That's a squirrel."

Maisy laughed with her.

The movie wrapped up and Maisy flipped the TV off, catching Junie's eye who was unable to contain her second spill of giggles.

"I didn't even do anything," Maisy said, also laughing, but trying to muffle it with the blanket. She picked up her phone. "Geez, it's late and I have a meeting tomorrow morning."

"I'll help you clean up," Junie said, standing up. She wobbled a bit, and Levi stood up to stable her.

Maisy did the same, clutching her head as she stood up. "It's nothing that can't wait until the morning."

Levi folded their blankets and took their glasses to the kitchen.

"Don't look at my butt," Junie told Levi as they walked out to her car.

"Why not?" he asked, although he really wasn't looking, and he was unsure of why it even mattered. He helped her into her seat. He buckled her seatbelt for her, kissing her cheek.

He took her hand as they drove home. Junie had a lot to tell him tonight.

"And he said no, I'm wearing pants," she said, finishing a story that Levi did not seem to be paying any attention to. She erupted into a fit of giggles, unable to control them.

Levi didn't even bat an eye and that was her best story.

She wondered if he was even listening to her.

"I love you," she said. She definitely wasn't that drunk, but the words still tumbled out as soon as she thought them.

Levi's eyes met hers in the inconsistent glow of the street. His expression was unreadable and she pouted.

"Didn't you hear what I said?" she asked.

He pulled smoothly into the driveway, helping her out of the car.

Junie knew exactly what to say to get a rise out of him.

"Leviathan," she called as he stepped into the house. In a blink, she was up against the wall with her hands pinned above her head. She giggled again.

"Do you think this is funny, Juniper?" he asking, his lips dangerously close to hers. "Acting all cute and innocent, saying those sweet words when there is not a damn thing I can do about it because you are drunk."

"I didn't drink that much," she defended. "Mais and I were just being silly."

He kissed her, hard. She moaned against him and he swallowed the sound.

"Just wait until I get my hands on you tomorrow," he grumbled.

"Please," she whispered, throwing her head back as he rolled his hips against hers. It felt amazing, and her eyes fluttered at the feeling of him.

He kissed her jaw, releasing her hands which confused her. She opened her eyes.

"No," Levi said.

"No?" Junie asked breathlessly as his hands slid down to her hip. He was being such a tease. "But-"

"No buts. It's late. You should get some rest." He stepped back to give her space. Junie was tempted to protest a little bit more, but her temple was already starting to throb and her eyes were getting heavy.

She went to get ready for bed. Levi joined her with her favorite tumbler full of water. She took a hefty drink before he turned out the lights. She was asleep almost immediately.