Thirty One ~ Look At The Flowers

"A motorbike mechanic?" Beth piped up out of the blue as her and Daryl had been walking through the forest again, they'd not long came from the golf court.

She'd been adement that she needed to have her first alcoholic drink and had found herself holding onto a bottle of peach schnapps before it was ripped from her hands and thrown against the floor, Daryl had answered that it was a shit drink and she needed something stronger.

Then he had right gone back to not talking, something that she'd grown used to. While being with Daryl was better then being alone she might've well of been as he'd shrunken into himself.

"What?" Daryl grumbled having not expected the girl to suddenly speak.

"That's my guess, for what you were doing before this, did Zach ever guess that one?" she answered watching where she stepped.

"It don't matter, hasn't mattered for a long time" he didn't stop moving, he didn't want to talk.

"It's just what people talk about, you know to feel normal"

"Yeah? Well that never felt normal to me" he moved towards the off beaten trail he knew would be there before coming to a stop taking in the beat up 'house' "Found this with Michonne"

"I was expecting a liquor store" Beth looked towards the house with confusion on her face.

"No, this is better" Drayl started towards the building ignoring the front door instead walking towards the shed at the back, pulling the door open he saw what he'd been looking for so he placed the glass jars in the crate next to it.

"What's that?" Beth watched him work, filling a wooden crate with clear jars full of liquid.

"Moonshine" he answered placing the crate into her hands, her arms dropped slightly from the weight before she corrected herself "Come on" 

She followed him into the building carrying the crate carefully, he opened the door and she walked straight to the small dirty table wanting to relieve the heavy strain on her arms.

Checking the shack was empty he approached her, grabbing a plastic cup he blew into it clearing any dust build-up before he filled it with an inch of moonshine "That's a real first drink right there" he smirked but saw her hesitate "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, it's just...My dad always said bad moonshine can make you go blind" She answered looking up at the hunter.

"Ain't nothing worth seeing out there anymore anyway" he watched as she picked up the cup taking a sip, she winced harshly almost rearing back forcing herself to swallow, she coughed into her fist taking deep breaths like she'd swallowed something hot.

"That is the worst thing i've ever tasted in my life" she almost wheezed after a while but he just shrugged trying not to chuckle at the girls first attempt at alcohol and was surprised when she quickly shot the rest down "Second rounds better" 

"Slow down" he warned her, the last thing he needed was a drunk to look after.

"This one's for you" she smiled gently filling the cup with roughtly an inch like he had with hers.

"Nah, i'm good" 

"Why?" Beth frowned looking up at him but he didn't make eye contact with her.

"Someone's gotta keep watch" 

"So what you're like my chaperone now?" She taunted him slightly, this was the most he'd talked in a long time.

"Just drink lots of water"