Twelve ~ The Cripple

"Phoebe!" She could hear several screams but she just couldn't move, Daryl was the one to reach her first, he brushed her blood soaked hair back his hands trembling against her cheeks "Are you bit!" He yelled eyes wide in fear and she's shocked as it was the first time she'd ever seen fear in his eyes but before she could work on an answer her attention was pulled to the side.

"Oh my god!" Maggie screamed looking at the girl on the ground covered in blood, Phoebe heard several people cry out in shock and horror at the scene.

"Phoebe!" Rick came over shoving Daryl slightly he cupped her face tears streaming down his face, she tried to shake her head but it sent shooting pain down her back making her cry out in pain.

Daryl rushed over lifting her shirt to see her stomach and sides then he checked her arms and legs for bites "I can't see! I can't see!" He yelled not being able to see because of the sheer volume of blood covering her and Phoebe could tell everyone is panicking.

"I'm sorry!" Dale cried falling to his knees.

"Stop!" Phoebe managed to cough out, her troat was so dry so Rick gave her some of his water with shakey hands after a few gulps she nodded gently trying not to hurt her back again "I'm fine please, I'm okay it didn't bite or scratch me!" She promised strongly and most of the group released their held breath some crying, some looked shocked others looked traumatised.

"And the blood!" Andrea says suspiciously eyes narrowing on the woman caked in blood.

"All his, you can look me over in the shower if you wish" Phoebe snarked and Rick grabbed the rag Daryl had offered him and poured some water on it while Daryl does the same to another rag.

Rick tried to clean her face as Daryl worked on cleaning her arms and hands but not before Carl came running over screaming at the sight of his aunt laying covered in blood next to a walker.

"Aunt Phoebe!" Lori grabs him reassuring him Phoebe was fine that it didn't get her but he recognised the walker, or what was left of it anyway.

"You're a tough son of a bitch ya know that" Shane spoke sounding almost like his past self which saddened Phoebe, she missed the old Shane. The one who came over every friday just so he could eat their mothers home made pizza, the one who helped her train for the FBI when her brother was too deep in his grief when their parents passed.

"Thank you Dale" Phoebe thanked the man who was still on his knees shaking gently and everyone looks towards him.

"I left" he whimpered.

"I told you too! If I didn't find the rock the only thing that would have saved me was you getting everyone here so quickly" she reached up and he grabbed her hand that was still kind of covered in blood but he didn't seem to care.

Without realising it Phoebe had started crying "shush it's okay! I've got you!" Rick cries back he pulled his sister into him cradling her so tight she almost couldn't breathe, Rick himself becoming covered in walker blood but he couldn't find it in himself to care as he stroked her cheek. The bllod smeared on her face was thick and sticky.

"Fucker was strong rick" She whispers pulling back and he nods tears streaming, she looked up at the group "We're not killing that boy!" Phoebe informed them sternly and they all nod immediately agreeing with her no matter how scared they were of his group they would listen to Phoebe.

Shane scoffs the moment gone "The hell you mean we're not killing him?" he demands.

"You heard me Walsh, we're not doing it!" Rick helped Phoebe up off the floor causing her to whimper slightly at the motion.