Chapter 14:

Everyone headed back to what they were doing. Night fall was in 5 hours, then everyone would be locking up. I only hoped it would be enough.

Damon's phone started ringing, he stepped away to answer it. When he walked back over to me, he grabbed my hand and lead me into the house. Closing the door behind us, he turned towards me with a look of worry and anger on his face.

"What's going on?" I asked, worried by the look on his face.

"That was Eric. The rogues are being led by his brother. The attacks aren't random, he is sending them. They attacked Eric's pack with force. They lost over 100 people. His brother was standing at the edge of his border, watching with a smile as his pack attacked. Eric fought to get to him but by the time he got there, he was gone."

"So now we not only have to worry about his psychotic brother, but also his pack of rogues that could attack at any time? What the hell are we supposed to do?"

"We stay on high alert, expect an attack at any time. Prepare the pack, make sure the women and kids know where to go if and when it happens. We will brief them in the morning, its not safe to have anyone out tonight. He won't attack tonight after attacking Eric's pack. Tonight, we form a plan then sleep." He said as we headed towards his study.

"Okay, so there's 3 different spots that are big enough for them to attack from. We get scouts to stay out there and watch for any activity. At the first sight of anything, we have the women and children taken to the old dungeons. Theres only one way in and out, so they will be safe. We send 2 guards down with them in case the rogues find it. You will be there with them."

"No. I will be in battle with you." I said sternly.

"No, you will be with the other women and children. I need you safe, I can't focus on fighting if I have to worry about you being out there in it." He said pleading with me not to fight with him on this.

"Okay, I will stay with them and protect them."

"Okay, once you all are in there safely locked inside, we will try to bring the battle to the middle of the field where there is more area to see. We have a better chance of getting ground there. Eric has already agreed to come with his warriors when it happens. So, we have more numbers. If all goes as planned, it will be over soon."

It wasn't a bad plan. Though I didn't like the thought of him being out there without me, at least I knew that Eric would be with him. There was no way to prevent it, no matter how much I wished there were. May the goddess be with us and see us through this, I prayed. After going over it again to make sure everything was accounted for, we headed to bed.

Everything was bright, the sky a beautiful light blue. The clouds beneath my bare feet, were soft and fluffy. I walked towards my mother who was sitting on a fluffy cloud with a bowl of grapes.

"We don't have much time. The battle coming your way will be the biggest to happen in decades. Many will be lost." She said with sorrow in her voice.

"Do we win?" I ask, desperation in my voice.

"The end of the battle is not yet written. Only the fallen. You will lose that which you hold dear, and through that become that of which you were born to be."

Why was she being so cryptic? Here lately every visit has been this way, she reveals less and less.

"Why am I here if you can't tell me anything that will be of any help!" I yelled at her. Goddess or not she is my mother. She's supposed to protect me and help me. She turned towards me with tears in her eyes and gave me a small smile.

Destined Luna (Book 2 in the Hidden Luna series)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara