Chapter 13:

When I woke up, Damon was gone. Looking around the room, I noticed a glass or orange juice and my vitamins laid out on the stand for me with a note.

'I had to run to work. Make sure you take your vitamins. I love you'

Grabbing my vitamins, I put them in my mouth and drank my orange juice making sure to get them down. Putting the glass back on the stand, I got up and got ready for the day. Deciding not to fight with clothes, I threw on a summer dress and headed downstairs to find something to munch on. The house was quiet and empty which was unusual for a Friday. Finishing my breakfast which consisted of a granola bar and a banana, since I wasn't allowed to walk around much, I headed to the living room to see what I could find on TV when Damon came bursting through the front door covered in blood. I jumped up and sped walked towards him. Looking over his face, and his body as much as I could.

"What happened?!" I almost yelled, after determining the blood wasn't his.

"We were attacked. About a dozen rogues, they came out of nowhere. We didn't lose anyone thank the goddess, but it could've been worse. I need to go get cleaned up and warn the pack to be on the lookout. No one is safe until we find this guy." He said before rushing upstairs and into the shower.

Ten minutes later, he came walking downstairs. No trace of blood on him.

"What do you need me to do?" I asked, ready to take on anything that he threw on me.

"Stay here and don't leave. I will return when I am done." Then he was gone.

"Well, that wasn't what I was hoping for." I said before going back to the couch.

I didn't like being here by myself where I couldn't do anything. I felt so useless. I was the Luna dammit, I should be out there helping to protect our people. Ignoring Damon's words, I got up and headed for the door, when I heard a whisper inside my head. It was faint but it was there. My wolf! She wasn't gone. After a moment, her voice got louder before I could hear her fully.

'What are you doing Luce? He told us to stay here.' She said clearly irritated I was disobeying our mate.

'I can't just sit here; we are their Luna. We have to help in anyway that we can, it is our duty.' I said trying to reason with her. After a moment and a huff, she finally replied.

'You're right. We are their Luna, they need us. I have your back.'

I opened the door and went out to the yard. Damon was nowhere to be seen and the village was quiet except for the two little girls playing outside their home. I smiled at them before pausing. There, at the edge of the forest just behind their home was 2 rogues sneaking towards them.

"In the house NOW!" I yelled at them, causing them to turn around, spotting the rogues. They screamed and took of for their door, the rogues running right towards them.

I took off running and shifted in mid-air, landing with a thumb on my paws and speeding towards them. I cut the rogues off as the little girls ran towards their mother who came running outside when she heard me scream. I stood my ground as they both stopped in front of me, licking their lips before rushing towards me.

Remembering my training with Sarah, I waited for them to get closer before jumping and tackling one to the ground, the sound of our teeth smacking together as I dug my teeth into its neck and slung him across the field. The other rogue hitting me from the side and knocking me down, before jumping towards me to try to finish the job. Jumping to my feet, I jumped towards him, smacking each other in mid-air and rolling across the field. He bit down on my front leg earning a yelp from me before I smacked him with my other paw and knocked him to the side. He stood up, growling, getting back into fighting stance, his friend still on the ground bleeding from his neck. He took off running towards me, full speed before Damon in wolf form hit him from the side, grabbing him by his throat and ripping it out with his teeth. He stood over the dead rogue, dropping the chunk of flesh from his mouth, dropping with a thud by its head. He turned to me, shifting back to his human form. I shifted back as well, standing there naked among our pack members who appeared sometime during the fight. Damon pulled his shorts up and made his way towards me, looking pissed. When he reached me, he grabbed my face, eyes scanning my body to check for any injuries, before kissing me deeply.

"What were you thinking? I told you to stay inside where its safe." He said, still holding my face in his hands.

"I know, but its my pack too. Its my duty as their Luna to protect them, no matter what." I said softly.

He looked at me, eyes full of pride and nodded. One of the little girls came up, holding a bath robe and handed it to me.

"Thank you, sweetie. Are you okay?" I asked softly, while putting the robe on.

"Yes Luna, thank you for saving me and my sister." She said giving me a tight hug as her mother approached.

"Thank you for saving my girls. Thank you so much." She said with tears running down her face as she hugged them to her.

"You are very welcome. I am glad they are safe." I said giving her a reassuring smile.

Damon looked at the exchange and smiled. His chest puffed out in pride. I gave him a wink as I walked towards him.

"This is what I was warning you all about. There have been rogue spotting's all around. They are getting brave, crossing our borders and attacking without warning. We don't know why this is happening, but until we can get it under control everyone needs to stay vigilant. No kids are to be outside unattended. If you must travel through the village, please do it in groups of at least 5. No one is to be out after dark, keep doors and windows locked. That is all. Stay safe."