Chapter 8:

I heard the door creak, and quickly shut my eyes pretending to be asleep. They kicked my foot to try to get a reaction out of me, but I stayed still, not daring to move. They wore a cloak that hid their face so I couldn't get a clear view of who it was, but it was definitely a man, maybe 6ft tall. He threw a roll on the ground, and dropped a half empty bottle of water down, the most water they had given me since I had been here. When he looked up at me, I quickly closed my eyes, praying he hadn't seen me watching him. When the door shut, I opened my eyes and crawled slowly over to the food, practically swallowing it whole and downing the water. The pains hit again but not as bad as they have been where my body was getting used to eating every so many days. My energy was still low, I could barely stand without holding onto the wall for support, so I mostly crawled around instead. Laying my head back against the wall, I tried again to reach out to damon, this time I got through. The connection wasn't strong where my body was so weak, so everything was fuzzy.

"Damon.." I managed to whisper out.

"Sunshine! Sunshine is that you!" I could tell he was screaming but it was like a static radio, I could barely hear him.

"H-help.." it took more strength than I thought to hold the link open, I felt it slowly slipping away.

"We're—sunshine—find.." and that's when I lost consciousness. I don't know how long I was out for when I woke to someone kicking my leg.

"Hey bitch! Wake up." The man said from under the cloak. Kicking me harder.

I groaned in pain and tried to sit up but I couldn't. My body too weak from trying to hold the link open.

"Did you hear me?! I said get the fuck up!" he said grabbing me roughly by my shoulders. I felt my bone snap with the force and gasped in pain. My throat was too dry for me to be able to scream. He dropped me back on the ground and kicked me in the ribs over and over again. I tried to move my arms to block him but I was too weak. He laughed as he landed blow after blow, cracking and possibly breaking my ribs. I coughed up blood, spitting it onto the floor.

"Some Luna you are. You cant even fight back. So weak and pathetic." He laughed.

I knew that voice. I recognized it from somewhere but where. How did I know it? I managed to roll over and look up at him. His hood had fallen off revealing his face. I gasped in shock and horror.

"No. You." I gasped out. I couldn't believe what I saw. How could he do this to me? To his alpha, to his pack.

"Hi little Luna." He said in a mocking voice, giving me a sadistic smile.

"A-aaron.. how.. w-why?" I whispered out, holding my ribs and struggling to breathe.

"You weren't meant to be Luna. You're too weak. You cant even protect yourself let alone the pack. Once you're out of the picture, Damon will be weak and I can kill him, avenge my father and take my place as Alpha." He said as he pulled out a dagger and walked towards me.

"No, please." I begged as I tried to scoot myself further away from him. This isn't how it was supposed to end. I was supposed to marry Damon, give him pups and live our life together. I wasn't supposed to die here.

"Beg all you want Luna, it won't help. No one can save you now, even if they do find you it will be too late. Your weak, it won't be long now." He said crouching down in front of me, pointing the dagger in my face.

My eyes grew wide when he touched the side of my face with it, running it slowly down my cheek. Looking at him now, I couldn't believe that I ever trusted him. There was nothing but evil in his eyes, and what was even worse is he was taking pleasure in torturing me. He didn't want me to die quickly, wanted me to suffer, wanted Damon to suffer knowing he couldn't save me.