Chapter 4:

An hour went by before Damon came barging into the room like a bat out of hell, looking just as pissed off as Sarah did when she found out he left me alone. I knew from the look on his face that she had told him.

"Lift up your shirt." He growled through gritted teeth, arms folded across his chest.

"Uhm, excuse me? What gives you the right to demand anything from me after ignoring me for 3 damn days?! Exactly who in the hell do you think you are?"

"I am your mate. Now lift up your shirt!" his wolf was starting to show in his eyes, signs that he was losing control but I was not about to back down. Not after the way he has been treating me.

"Some mate you are! Abandoning me for days, without so much as a word. Avoiding any kind of interaction with me."

For a split second his eyes clouded over in pain, before going right back to being filled with rage. He walked closer to me where he was standing over top of me and growled.

"Lift your damn shirt Lucinda before I make you." He said with his alpha voice.

I felt my heart break right then and there. He never called me Lucinda, it's always been sunshine or love. I never knew how much one word could hurt until now. Looking away from him I lifted my shirt. I heard his breath hiss between his teeth, but still refused to make eye contact.

"You could have been killed. Do you get that?!" he yelled out...

Still, I refused to look at him and instead just sat there quietly, letting him yell as much as he wanted. Honestly, I was to hurt to care right now. This wasn't the man I fell in love with. Where did he go? I let a tear slip from my eye. The room got quiet, before I heard him sigh and walk out the door, closing it gently behind him.

Pulling my shirt back down I grabbed the pillow off the bed and slung it at the door. I was so mad and upset and tired. I didnt deserve this. This isn't the life that my mother promised me when we talked. I was supposed to have a loving mate, not this heartless monster that he had become.

She must have fallen asleep at some point because she was in a dream with her mother. It was the same place as last time only this time she was wearing all white.

"Hello sweetheart, its good to see you again." She said with a smile as she embraced her in a hug.

"Hi mom, its good to see you too. What am I doing here?"

"I wanted to check in on you and see how you're doing. I could feel your pain and I was worried." She replied as she pulled away.

"I'm fine. Just having some issues with Damon. What is going on mom, why has he been so distant and cold? I don't understand what I did wrong to upset him so much." I said as I sat on the shore with her, watching the waterfall.

"Darling, he isn't mad at you. He is mad at himself. Alpha's can be as stubborn as a bull. He is angry with himself for not being there to protect you. He thinks he doesn't deserve to have you and that he is letting his feelings for you put you in danger. So, he is trying to distance himself. Stupid, I know but that's a man for you. They are set in their ways. You just have to give him time." She said in a reassuring voice.

"I'm trying but it seems like it's getting worse instead of better. I don't know what else to do. All I feel is pain through the bond."

"That is his pain combined with yours. The bond is strong thing. Give him a little more time, if he doesn't come to his sense, it will be him that I pay a visit too next time. I created the bond between you two for a reason, he needs to pull his head out of his ass and realize that before it's too late." She said staring off into the trees, a look of worry across her face.

"What do you mean before it's too late?" I asked, with a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"I must go. Remember, stay strong no matter what. You are a fighter and the daughter of a goddess. You have more strength than you could possibly imagine. Everything that is meant to be, will be." She said before disappearing.