Thirty-nine

Saturday night arrived in the blink of an eye. Xander stood nervously at Casey's door, they felt like they were picking up their first girlfriend for their very first date.

They were dressed in a dark navy three piece designer suit with an open collared white grandad style shirt. Their hair was down. It sat just above the shoulders with its natural curl making it seem shorter.

They breathed their nerves out and knocked on the door.

Casey opened the door letting them in while putting an earring in. She smiled and once the jewelry was attached she took a moment to take in the brunette. "You scrub up well."

The soccer player smiled; they were already lost in the sight that stood in front of them, almost speechless at how beautiful the blonde looked in their silver evening gown. They exhaled and smiled, shaking their head, "you look breathtaking, god you're so beautiful."

Casey smiled and bit on her bottom lip, she felt the buzz in her tummy grow with every nanosecond that Xander looked at her like that. "And you are handsome as fuck."

Xander laughed, Casey always did have a way with words. They wanted more than anything to kiss the blonde. They still hadn't managed to share more than the quick kiss on Thursday morning. Dawn had woken up moody after the car journey home from thefair and it took Casey a long time to settle her.

The soccer player found themself nervous about the idea of a proper kiss. It had been so long since they had really kissed someone without it only being about moving onto the next lust filled stage of a one night stand.

Casey smiled and took the brunette's hand, and intertwined their fingers "come on before we're late."

"You know you might get photographed out with me?"

"Is that why you look so worried?"

"No, I just wanted to check if you would be alright with that. I'm also worried that if I do what I want to, I'll smudge your lippy." Xander smiled,

"I can always sort it." The blonde smirked. As she felt the brunette pull her close. Her tummy exploded in another flurry of butterflies as she felt Xander's soft hand on her face, their fingers gently lifting her jaw upward. They moved forward feeling the air heat in the diminishing space between them. Then she felt the softest of brushes from the brunette's lips, it was like they were just touching. Casey added a little more pressure, as if giving the soccer player permission to deepen the kiss.

Xander felt the warm soft lips of the blond press and move between their own. It was glorious, the sensation of the gentle movement. Every feeling they'd burried for the last eight years returned and they felt her eyes fill and cascade down their cheek. This was what love felt like they remembered. They moved their tongue slowly along the blondes bottom lip tasting the mild soap like scent from the lipstick before fully embracing the warm pleasure of their partners mouth feeling Casey's tongue slide over their own.

As they seperated, their was a contentment to thier eyes while they looked at the other. "You're crying?" The teacher questioned.

"I forgot how good that felt. I mean I always remembered it being the best feeling in the world but you can't bring the sensation back in a memory. I, eh, "

"Oh speechless? Come on you silly sap, let's get going." Casey smiled before giving the brunette another quick kiss.

Twenty minutes later the car pulled up at the red carpet, there were some crowds and photographers. Xander tightened their hand around Casey's, "you sure about this? Usually the press are only interested in the men's team, but I've never shown up at one of these things with a woman so..."

"Stop worrying, I was never ever worried about being seen with you, before it was just about how I told my Dad I don't care about that anymore. I don't care who sees that we are together."

Xander smiled. "Yeah."

"Yeah."

Xander got out of the car and waited to take Casey's hand. The paparazzi were flashing their bulbs already.

"Do you want to stand for a photo or just walk in?" The soccer player asked as the blond elegantly exited the limo.

"I don't mind posing." The teacher smiled. "I want women to know that you're not available anymore. Well I hope."

Xander nodded. The pair moved along the carpet to the galaxy's signage and sponsor board and posed for a picture.

"Juls messaged to say she's already inside." Casey whispered to the soccer player as they headed into the venue. "Is that?" The teacher smiled and nodded her head towards the captain of the men's team.

"Yeah but he's actually an arsehole." Xander

"You know I actually thought he would be."

Before long they were sat at their table. The team were curious about the blonde and were full of questions. Which they were both happy to answer.

"So you were roommates, how cliched is that."

"It happens more than you'd think." Xander smiled at the defender.

"Yeah Xan was crazy about her ever since they met." Sarah Jones smiled. "Anyway if she hadn't broke their heart I'm not sure they'd be the footballer they were today."

The night went well. The pair had spent a bit of time being close on the dance floor, their hands caressing each other over the material of their clothing, staring into each other's eyes. The air warmed between their faces as they moved slowly. "Xan, take me home."

That was how they arrived back at Casey's appartement a little before midnight. Xander stood back while the blonde draped in the soccer player's jacket searched through a clutch bag for the house key. Finally it was located and Casey invited Xander in.

They stood in the kitchen which backed onto the courtyard. Staring at each other. Xander gulped trying to ebb the tension that was building in their gut. They never believed in a million years that they would be in this moment with Casey again.

They were both a little nervous and a little bit scared. Taking the next step which they both desired, contemplating what it would mean.

"Xan do you want to stay over? I want you to but only if you want to." Casey was the first to break the silence, but her eyes never moved from Xander's.

"I want to, I'm scared that I've forgotten how to do this with feelings. I never really loved anyone since you. It's just been sex and I don't want that with you. I want you to know that I think you're the most amazing woman on the planet and show you how I feel with my body. Case I never stopped loving you. I want you to feel that."

Casey smiled. She felt the same. "Xan, I'm the same. There have been a few others but nothing has ever felt close to what we had. I don't want this to be just sex either but my body is craving your touch. You do amazing things to me just by looking at me. Your eyes say it all, how much you value me, how attractive you think I am. I love you too. I made the biggest mistake of my life eight years ago. I am not going anywhere this time if you want me I am yours. My body is here for your pleasure and mine. My heart has belonged to you since we met and my soul is yours for eternity. I'm sure no matter how many years of having sec without feeling you've had that I will feel the meaning behind every touch, every moment."

"Yeah. What if I cry again."

"I will know they are tears of love. I am always here for you."

Xander moved forward and Casey took the brunettes hand intertwining their fingers as she led the soccer player to the bedroom.