Sick - Nick

Nick: (irritated) Matt, you're always messing up the shots! Can you focus for once?

Matt: (nervously) Sorry, Nick, I'll do better next time. I promise.

Chris:(attempting to mediate) Come on, guys, we're a team. Let's not ruin the vibe.

After the podcast, in the dimly lit room, Matt is visibly anxious, playing with his hoodie strings. Nick is still frustrated.

Matt:(stammering) I-I don't get it, Nick. W-why are you so mad at me?

Nick: (impatiently) Just forget it, Matt. Let's finish this editing, and then you can go to bed.

Chris quietly exits the room, sensing the tension. Nick continues to edit, oblivious to the fact that Nick has been pushing himself despite feeling unwell.

Matt: (whispering to himself) What did I do?

Suddenly, Nick slams his laptop shut, frustration evident on his face.

Nick:(snapping) This is ridiculous! I can't work like this.

Matt, now on the verge of tears, starts playing with his hoodie strings again. Chris, who overheard the commotion, rushes back into the room.

Chris:(calmly) Okay, what's going on?

Nick:(agitated) Matt's just being useless, as usual.

Chris: (softly) Matt, what's really going on?

Matt: (struggling) I-I don't know. I just feel... overwhelmed.

As Chris and Matt talk, Nick starts feeling guilty about being mad at Matt for bo reason just then a stinging pain washed over his eyes and shut them really tight. Matt noticed and with shaky hand reaches out and touches Nick's forehead.

Matt:(gasping) Nick, you're burning up!

Nick: (weakly) Huh?

Matt's anxiety shifts to concern as he realizes Nick is sick.

Matt: (apologetic) I'm sorry, Nick. I didn't know. Let me help you.

Matt rushes to get a thermometer as Chris watches, relieved that the tension is diffusing.

Nick was confused and feeling more guilty at seeing how concerned Matt was even after being mad at him for no reason.

Nick didn't even realise until Matt comes back with the thermometer and sees tears falling down Nicks face Matt instantly got even more panicked.

Matt: (worried) Nick, what's wrong? Why are you crying?

Nick, overwhelmed with guilt and realization, looks up at Matt with tear-filled eyes.

Nick:(apologetic) I'm sorry, Matt. I didn't mean to snap at you. I didn't realize how bad I was, and now I'm sick, and it's all my fault.

Matt, still anxious but now more focused on Nick, gently wipes away Nick's tears.

Matt: (softly) Hey, it's okay. We all have our moments. Let's just take care of you now.

Nick, still hugging Matt, sniffs and nods. Matt places the thermometer in Nick's mouth and waits anxiously.

Chris: (also joins the hug) It will all be okay Nick. Matt that's the temperature?

Matt: (relieved) It's high, but not too bad. You need rest, Nick.

Nick, now feeling both physically and emotionally drained, nods weakly.

Matt: Let's get you to bed.

As Matt helps Nick up, Chris goes and gets medicine and water.

They proceed to take care of Nick, until he gets better.