🤍Our Family🤍

I did a poll on insta and here's the result of it in form of new chapter of this book. Hope you like it.

Also I wanna dedicate this chapter to one of the most purest soul I ever met pranjjulwrites. I am glad to meet you girl. Thanks for your support, kind words and presence. 🤍🤍 This chapter for my white hearts and pizza girl....

My eyes just remain wide as I see mine and reyansh's engagement picture shattered all over the table. Everyone picks one by one to look at them and I feel the questions buzzing in their mind. A warm hand covers mind on the table, and I turn to look at him. 

Armaan's body seems stiff due to rage but his hand and eyes provide me the much needed warmth. " What are you trying to do?". 

He glares at Shristi, who just fold her hands, " I am not trying to do anything. It's her who is lying and trying to play the act of innocent girl"  

She points an accusing finger, intensifying Armaan's rage but before he could say anything, dadu's stern voice echoes in the private dining area. " Tum jo bhi kehna chahti ho seedhe seeddhe kaho shristi. Bewajah baaton ko ghumane ka koi matlab nahi hai" [Just say whatever you want instead of beating around the bush].

"To seedhi seedhi baat yeh hai pitaji ki aapki yeh pyaari poti-bahu koi maasum ladki nahi hai, aur na iska parivaar maasum hai. In logo ne humse ye baat chupai hai ki iski isse pehle ek sagai tut chuki hai. Aur sagai koi aam sagai nahi balki ek love marriage thi jaha ye us ladke ke saath gul-chade uda rahi thi lekin jab shaadi ki baat aai to isne apne sanskaar dikha diya aur sagai ke baat us bichare ladke ko chod diya. Ek maasum ladke ki jindagi ....." [ Dad the thing is, your granddaughter-in-law is not as innocent as she seems and neither is her family. They hided the fact from us that Aashika was engaged before with a man she loved. She had fun with him and at the time of marriage she called of the wedding proving her wrong upbringing and destroyed the life of an.........] 

" Enough" Armaan's loud voice stops shristi mid-sentence. He gets up and points at his bua, " I dare you to spit a single word against Aashika, and I will make sure to make your life a living hell.

A shiver runs through my body at his deadly calm voice taking me out of my numb state. Shristi tries to maintain her brave facade but the minor shaking in her fingers give her away. " Armaan. Sit down and let her complete." 

All the heads turn toward dadu after his order. " But dadu ...." 

" Sit down Armaan." Armaan reluctantly agrees and dadu keeps his calm.

" Continue whatever you wanna say shristi but don't insult Aashika. You can spill out your truth without insulting my granddaughter-in-law" . The way dadu forced on granddaughter-in-law was a enough warning for her. 

" She was engaged papa, engaged to a man she claimed to love but she broke it just because she doesn't believe in marriage" . Armaan's hand finds mine again and I don't know how but that provides me the needed courage to speak. 

" That's not true." I can feel all the eyes turning to me but my black ones find his azure ones. He gives me a small nod reminding me to fight my own battle. The look in his eyes told me that he is with me. I stand up and look eye-to-eye with this little useless villain of my story. 

" I didn't call off the engagement just because I don't believe in marriage" 

"Oh then tell us the actual reason." A smirk makes it way on her face and then I understand it, her plan. She actually wants me to admit the fact that I called off my engagement because I chose my career over love. She wants me feel guilty for choosing myself and she wants to picture me as a selfish woman. But if that's so then I am okay. I am not ashamed of my choice, I didn't do anything wrong.