(⁠✿⁠ ⁠♡⁠‿⁠♡⁠)⁴

Melissa Flores POV

I met some of the candidates but she, stands out among them, she's pretty, she's smart, she's everything, during the events we've attended I observed how she acts so professionally which is what I love about her, I've been trying to catch her attention but all I get is nothing.
I tried approaching her but I couldn't.

So right now, I'm just waiting for the right moment for us to talk.

"Hey Melissa, that's enough, she might melt," Karla Guilfú said, she is representing Miss Puerto Rico she is also my first friend here.
"I'm not staring at her" my defense
"Come on Melissa, stop lying haha you're down bad"
"Ok. It's just a crush"
"Y'know I heard she's Bisexual," Karla said
"So?"
"Duh, talk to her, flirt with her"
"I can't, what if she has a boyfriend or girlfriend, or maybe she likes someone else?"
"She doesn't have any bf or gf, but I don't know about the last one"
"Exactly," I said while slapping her shoulders
"But, there's nothing wrong about talking with her right?..... Come on just talk to her."
"Ok fine, I will so you'll shut up"
"Yesss, that's my girl" she added

My first week in El Salvador; all I did was stare at her, I can't help it, she's really really pretty, everything about her is pretty.
Sometimes I catch myself staring while smiling at her. I think cameras caught a glimpse of me simping over her but, I don't really care about it, that's just me admiring her.

First day of rehearsal for the Miss Universe, I couldn't seem to find her here, I started to get a little worried cuz she'd never been late before.
The practice has started already but I keep wandering my eyes hoping to see her but she's not here, I guess she's not attending the rehearsal.

While in the middle of the rehearsal, the music suddenly stops,

"Miss Philippines! Miss Thailand!"

Philippines? When I looked back I saw her, I saw her holding the hands of Miss Thailand. My heart shrunk, it's pounding too much, I can see in her eyes how much she liked Miss Thailand.
But why? It hurts so much, I thought it was just a crush but my thoughts were wrong.
My world paused for a second when I felt someone pat my back

"Girl, are you okay?" Karla said
Karla is here, thank goodness.
"Did you see what just happened?" I ask her
"No, I just arrived here hehe sorry I'm a little late, what happened?"
Before I could tell her what happened the Trainor cut me off

"Ok. 20 minutes break ladies"

"So what did you see?" Karla continues
"Her, she's-" Ugh why is everybody cutting me off
"Girl wait a minute, someone's calling me," Karla said and walked away

Maybe I should not tell Karla?
I told her it was just a crush I was having, but my heart just shuttered from what I had seen earlier.
I should not tell her, I don't want her to know that I just got my heart broken just because I had a crush on someone who likes someone else.

"I'm back, so what did you see, I've been asking this so many times already?"
"What? What did I see? I don't remember" I said
"What do you mean you don't remember? That was like 20 minutes ago and you already forgot about it?" Karla said
"Yes, I already forgot about it"
"Girl, never mind. You are such an abuelita"

Wtf, she called me Abuelita when we were the same age that girl ugh..

6:15 PM

"Hey Karls where are you going"
"In my room, I'll skip dinner today, I'm so tired"
"What? Ok go ahead, take a good rest"
"Ok bye bye mi amor, good night"

What the heck did she even do

When I arrived at the dinner venue I saw Miss Laos, Phaimany Lathsabanthao, Phaimany has also been my friend here since the first day and when she saw me she immediately told me to sit beside her, but when we saw Miss Thailand sitting alone at the table we decided to join her. Anntonia and I had already talked before so we already knew each other.