Ashes (Part 2 to Let it Burn)

A/N So, it's 3:30am, and here I am, typing up a part two due to one comment and a brain that only seems to work between 11 pm and 6 am.

Izaya's POV

It's finally happened! It all burnt down.

The once great empire of my mind, now reduced to insignificant ashes, something that can simply blow away. Something to be forgotten, just like me.

I've been in my apartment, alone, once again spending an unhealthy amount of time alone in my broken, burnt mind. Too long in the ashes.

At first, I tried to gather the rubble, remake my empire, but it's useless. My mind is permanently burned.

I didn't know my limit, I got too close to the raging fire. Too close to Shizu-chan. Too personal.

~-~-~Earlier That Day-~-~

I smirked, avoiding a STOP sign that was, of course, being swung at me. Being easily able to deceive, I of course hid the flames of love in my eyes with a fabricated hatred, the usual.

Though, with them kept inside, it made it easier to burn me from the inside out. That day was soon, I knew, but I didn't know it'd be today. Well, at first anyway.

It became obvious when I took an oh so wrong turn. The fire in his eyes looked angry, violent. I still couldn't find it in myself to be angry, or scared. I couldn't do anything. Just watch those flames feed the ones inside me, watch them battle, destroying me in the process.

I ran to the back of the alley that I had stupidly cornered myself in. As he neared, I awaited my death, bracing myself.

He picked me up by the shirt, and did something unexpected, he connected his lips to mine.

I kissed back soon, the flames dancing between our mouths, still, it somehow felt as if they weren't touching him, only hurting me.

When he pulled away he had a smirk on his face. Throwing me on the ground, he wiped his mouth.

"Disgusting. I knew you'd kiss back," he growled, throwing a piece of concrete that was just big enough to wound me at my chest. Though it didn't matter, nothing was left, nothing but ashes.

~-~-Present~-~-

I sent a quick text to Shinra and my sisters, I also wrote a little something for Shizu-chan to read at my 'funeral', decided that rubble wasn't suitable, I needed to be somewhere better, how about Hell?

I smirked at my switchblade, making a simple, yet significant line across my neck. I smiled watching the darkness and shadows close in.

~-~-A week later~-~-

Shizuo's POV

I was in a small field. He did it...

THAT ASSHOLE DIED!!

I was supposed to be happy, but I'm not. I'm more pissed off than when he was alive and what pisses me off more is that I don't know why...

I can't stop the tears and guilt as I recall my last words, to him... I was supposed to say 'I love you', but, I couldn't bring myself to... I called him disgusting... my last fucking words to him.

I swallowed my tears and walked up to the podium thing in the center of the field, looking at the two sobbing middle school girls, the doctor quietly wiping his tears, and the dullahan that I'm sure would be crying if she had a head due to mostly her depressing body language.

I grabbed the envelope that had my name on it, opening it for the first time, his last request for Shinra was to have me read this aloud...

I looked at the note, clearly written in his neat handwriting. The top said to read in my 'best impression of him because this is from his point of view' it also said to do it to 'lighten the mood'. I chuckled lightly. Complying best as I could.

"So, this is unexpected... and rather embarrassing. I mean, who would've thought?! If anything, I was sure Shizu-chan would kill me! Anyway, Shizu-chan, know that you don't have to be reading this as my friend, but please not as my enemy. If you're reading this, in my head you're reading it as.." tears spilled from my eyes, ".. as the one I love. The fire of love burned from the inside out, colliding with the burning hate I see in you're eyes..." I was trying to talk through my tears, so, I gave up on the impression, sorry Izaya, "I let it burn for far too long. I could no longer live in the ashes. As I've told my sisters many times, I have no intentions of spending eternity stuck in a box away from my humans. I want to.. I want to spend eternity like my mental state... once a strong structure, now ashes, sent to fly away in the wind insignificantly. As if I never existed, free to fly to my humans and go wherever I please. So, now, I would like you to empty the little box next to you and say goodbye."

I fell to my knees, not ready to permanently say 'goodbye'. Shinra had to be the one to dump the ashes. "S-see you later, Izaya.." Shinra's voice was cold and solemn.

Celty leaned her helmet down, as if saying a silent goodbye. The twins cried, but still said "B-bye, Iza-nii.."

How can they so easily say goodbye?! How can they let go?!

"S-see ya..." was all I could muster the courage to say.

I looked back at the note.

"N-now this isn't good-goodbye forever. I w-will be traveling the world... I w-will see you, though you may not s-see me..."

I then sat there, thinking about the Flea just floating, observing, he'd be much happier than in a box, alone forever... at least he's happy.

"Being free to wander around the world is much better than sitting alone, in a pile of ashes..."

I turned, wondering where the familiar voice was coming from. But all I saw was disappearing raven hair, and that painfully familiar smirk.

Then it flew away like ashes.

A/N So, I ended up killing him off again... I'M SO SORRY, I SWEAR I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENS!!! If you don't like this ending, do what I do, pretend that this part was a dream, because I'm a ball of denial. Anyway, I just got some caffeine, so I'm a little happier, so maybe I'll try to finish that smut later... *blushes with embarrassment that one, I'm writing a smut and two, I'm STILL not done with it* love you guys.