study comfort (part 1)

Alanna sat amidst a sea of textbooks and papers in the cozy corner of the Tisch School of the Arts library. The hum of hushed conversations and the rhythmic tap of laptop keys provided the soundtrack to her pre-exam nerves. Her final exam loomed on the horizon like an impending storm, and anxiety gnawed at her insides.

The lights overhead cast a stark contrast to the soft glow of her laptop screen. She glanced at the clock. It was getting late, and her eyelids felt heavy. As she rubbed her temples, trying to absorb the last shreds of information, her phone buzzed. Ravi's name lit up the screen, a welcome distraction from the stress."Hey, Alanna. What's up?"She sighed into the phone, "Finals are eating me alive, Ravi. I'm buried in notes, and it feels like the world is ending."Ravi chuckled on the other end, his voice a reassuring melody. "You're being melodramatic. Want some company? I can be your study buddy for the night."Alanna's eyes sparkled with a glimmer of hope. "Really? You'd do that?""Absolutely," Ravi replied, his enthusiasm contagious. "Consider it a rescue mission. I'll be there at your apartment in ten minutes."

Alanna then starts to head back to her apartment.

True to his word, Ravi arrived with a backpack bursting with textbooks and the kind of determination that only good friends possess. Alanna swung the door open, greeted by his reassuring smile. He immediately pulled her into a warm hug to ease the stress she was feeling."Ready for a night of academic hell?" he teased, flashing a grin that could brighten even the gloomiest of days.They set up camp in Alanna's cozy apartment, textbooks and notes scattered like confetti. Ravi dove into the intricacies of the subject, making even the most complex concepts seem like a breeze. Their laughter echoed through the room, a welcome break from the silence of the library.As the clock ticked away, Alanna found herself both invigorated and exhausted. Ravi, sensing her weariness, leaned back, stretching his arms. "Alright, brainiac, it's past 2 AM. You need some rest."He stood up, gathering his things. Alanna watched him, torn between the looming exam and the comfort of a friend. Ravi, ever perceptive, caught her internal struggle. "Hey Ravi, can you stay over tonight? I don't think ill be able to sleep" Alanna asks regretfully."Hey, anytime." he said, placing a hand on her shoulder, "I won't leave you alone. Let's get you settled."With a sense of relief, Alanna agreed. Ravi went about creating a makeshift bed on the floor, complete with cushions and blankets. But as they settled in, a palpable tension lingered in the air."Can't sleep?" Ravi asked gently, catching the glimmer of anxiety in her eyes.Alanna bit her lip, contemplating her response. After a beat, she admitted, "It's just... I can't shut off my brain. The exam, the stress—it's all too much."Without a word, Ravi got up and approached her. He looked at her to ask if it was ok that he slept on the bed with her and she nodded, asking him to come up and sleep on the bed. He wrapped his arms around her, and the warmth of Ravi's embrace felt like a shield against the looming chaos.They lay there in the dark, the quiet rhythm of their breaths filling the room. Ravi whispered reassurances, his words a lullaby that eased the turbulence in Alanna's mind. As she nestled into his comforting presence, the boundaries between friendship and something more blurred in the soft glow of the night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi loviess

I hope you like this story, and I will be writing two more parts to this, so stay tuned. hopefully this can provide comfort during exam stress. ily 

mwah