16.

By the time Chris realized what was happening

By the time Chris realized what was happening. Piper was already on the pavement, being dragged back by the hair, an extended arm reached out to him as she yelled for him.

"Chris!"

The boy fumbled with his seatbelt, scared and confused and so, so angry.

"Chris!" She screamed again. Terrified.

He stumbled out of the car, running to her.

"Let go of her, asshole!"

"Who the fuck are you? Are you her man?" Oliver taunted.

"Oliver!" A woman screamed and Chris, although startled, recognized her as Piper's mother. She had brown, brittle hair and green eyes, a lighter shade than his fake-girlfriend's, yet somehow duller.

Chris tried to push him off the girl, but only managed to shove him a little. In retaliation, Oliver grabbed a fistful of Piper's hair and forced her to look at him.

"I told you not to whore around," He said through gritted teeth, then, he slapped her.

Almost immediately, the skin on her pretty pink lips broke and blood poured out.

"Hey!" Chris heard one of his brothers yell behind him.

But the boy was already pushing forward, knocking the grown man on the ground.

"What-" Oliver couldn't finish whatever he was going to say because Chris pinned him down with all of his body weight and punched him right in the nose.

"Do not," He grabbed the nose-bleeding man by the collar of his ratty t-shirt and threw another punch, "fucking touch her again."

"Get the fuck off me!" Oliver toppled Chris over. Making him land hard on the ground with a grunt. "You little shit!"

Just as he was about to hit Chris, Matt and Nick tackled him.

"No! Don't hurt him!"

"Piper!" Gabby yelled

Chris stood up quickly, fully intent on punching the gross old man some more, but he froze when he met Piper's face.

She was not looking at him. Instead, her watery eyes watched her mother. Who had just screamed for Oliver, not her own daughter.

"Mom, he hit me" She said. "What the fuck!"

"Don't report him, please" The woman pleaded.

Chris glanced at the man in the ground, somehow his brothers had knocked him out. His nose was bleeding freely and Chris felt a pang of satisfaction at that.

"Baby, please don't report him, you know he didn't mean that..." Chris' head snapped back to Piper's mom. He walked over to the girl and helped her off the ground.