14.

Chris couldn't do anything but watch

He stood frozen on the entrance of Grace's backyard, watching Piper as she danced with Gabby.

"Oh, wow, Piper looks great!" Nick said from behind him.

He heard other people greet him but his sight was fixed on the blonde girl with the red bikini. Someone even put a beer in his hand (he didn't even drink, he just wanted to hold something).

"Dude!" Someone slapped his shoulder.

When did he sat down?

"Chris."

"Huh?" Piper was talking with Tommy Parker. Again.

"I'm talking to you!" Nate sat down beside him and followed Chris' eyes. "Oh... I'm guessing she's still mad."

"She blocked my number."

"Damn. Why don't you just go up to her and apologize? Girls love that" Nate took a sip out of his Corona. "Why is she mad anyway?"

"You're going to make fun of me" He groaned, finally taking his eyes off the girl and facing his best friend.

"I always make fun of you. Don't take it personal."

"Oh, wow, thanks" He said with sarcasm. "Okay, yesterday I wanted to kiss her and she made me... um... begforit."

Nate blinked and grabbed a bottle of Absolut, he drank from it and made a face.

"She what?"

"I'm not repeating that, fuck off" He checked on Piper again briefly. "Whatever, of course I didn't, it pissed me off so I went with Bella instead."

Nate chuckled. "Were you mad because she didn't give you a kiss? What are you? 5?"

"I just— What the fuck? Where's Piper?" He stood up quickly.

"She went inside." A girl said from behind him. Chris frowned at the voice he recognized, it annoyed him.

"Alone?" He felt his throat tighten.

Piper was already there, drinking, when the triplets got there. And that was a while ago.

"Tommy Parker was with her, I think. They've been joined by the hip since that b— since Piper got here" Bella rolled her eyes as she continued to talk to a concerned Chris.

She said something else but Chris didn't heard it. He went inside, scanning the room.

After opening the bathroom and checking the kitchen, realization dawned on him and his eyes went to the staircase leading up to the rooms.

"Fuck." Chris went up and opened the first door he encountered.

"Get off me!" Piper yelled just as she tried to push someone off of her.