10.

tw: substance abuse/overdose

Piper stood in front of her house with only one thing in mind

Trouble.

Her front door was wide open. That wasn't weird, she was used to her mom or Oliver leaving it like that; Piper didn't have, let's say, sober neighbors; so it wasn't like anyone would actually notice and do the neighborly thing and close it.

Trouble was sprawled on the front lawn.

"M-Mom?" The blonde girl rushed to her mom's side. Piper rubbed a spot in the center of the woman's chest, but there wasn't a reaction.

The brunette woman's eyes were rolled to the back of her head, it seemed like her tongue was rolled back too. Her breathing was erratic and impossibly slow.

"Fuck."

Piper dragged her mom back inside and into the bathroom.

"Mom, please, please don't do this to me" Piper laid her mom on her side. "Mommy, please" Her tears were blurring her vision already. But as she scrambled for the first aid kit under the sink, she ordered herself to calm down.

The little metal box (the "first-aid kit") was full of oxys, percs and a orangey-black looking coal (heroine). The box labeled Narcan Nasal Spay looked like it was mocking her when Piper finally spotted the crumpled white container. It was ironic, really; the overdose remedy mixed with the opioids.

With shaky hands, she stuck the tube up her mom's nostril and pushed to release the entire dose.

She counted in her head 120 seconds.

"Fuck it" Piper grabbed another nasal spray and pushed it up her mom's nose once again.

It took the older woman 146 seconds to somewhat stabilize her breath. After a few minutes, her mom threw up a dark colored substance. And Piper, once again, rushed to her side amidst mental breakdown.

"I can't... Mom I can't do this anymore" She said sobbing. "Mom?"

"Mmmm" was all she got.

The girl cleaned her mom and helped her get in the bathtub, then she got some pillows from the living room and put them behind her mothers body so she would stay on her side.

Piper sat down on the cold floor, her knees pressed against her chest with tears flowing freely down her cheeks.

"Marie?" A man slurred out the words.

No, no, no.

"Marie!"

"Mmm" her mother groaned. "'M 'ere"

It must've been hours since Piper had found her mother, because when she stood up to close the bathroom door, she could see it was dark out.

"Marcus sold me one ounce for $50, come on woman, let's have fun" Oliver pushed opened the bathroom door.