0.

in which chris startsa fake relationship withhis archenemy

a fake relationship with
his archenemy

( push me away,
then beg me
to stay )

or where a boy and
a girl think it's easier
to hate than love

PROLOGUE
(junior year, 4th period, Mr. Chapman)

He opened his backpack. Unprepared for the foul smell that wafted out of it.

"Holy shit!" He dropped it, the stench getting out and drowning the classroom.

"You know, Chris. The bathroom is just down the hall." Cruz turned her whole body to face him. There was a wicked smile on her face. "If you had to go that badly, you just had to say." Her head tilted to the side.

"You four-eyed idiot. Did you put dog shit in my bag?" He stalked across the room all the way to her desk, he towered her and pushed and accusatory finger in her shoulder while the rest of the class snickered and gagged behind his back.

"Four-eyes? Really?" She pushed her tick purple rimmed glasses up her nose. "That's childish, even for you."

"I didn't ask what you thought."

"Dogs don't ask, Chris. They listen. And you will do as I say and leave me the fuck alone." She stood up, now they were eye to eye. "I had to cut my hair Chris!"

She grabbed a fistful, it was choppy and a grin spread across his lips before he could stop it.

"Sturniolo! Cruz! To the principal's office! And get that bag out of here!" Their English teacher yelled, fuming as he pointed the exit.

Next thing they know. They had a three-day suspension written down on their school file.

"Sir, the lacrosse final is this Friday. I-"

"You should've thought about the consequences, then. You can't go on sticking gum up girl's hair."

"Thank you!" Piper nodded. Her mother smacked the back of her head and ordered her to shut up.

"And you, oh don't even get me started. Where did you even find that much... waste?"

"Créame. You don't want to know." Her body slumped against the chair, looking defeated.

"I'm really sorry about my kid." Chris' mom said to Piper's.

"I'm sorry about mine." Mrs. Cruz's hand fell on Piper's shoulder and squeezed it.

Chris missed the way Piper's body tensed. But Mary Lou didn't and a concerned look grazed over her face momentarily.

"I'm sorry about your hair." Chris' said through gritted teeth.

"'M sorry about your bag. I'll get you a new one."

With that, they left the office. And blue met brown briefly, anger shining in one pair of eyes while the other shined with fear.

some days you're
the best thing in
my life

it's soul-crushing, really.

sometimes when i
look at you, i see
my wife

that the one he loves is the one he can't have.

then you turn into
somebody i don't
know

chris hates piper

and you push me
away

(no, he doesn't)

sissy sheridan as piper cruzinstagram - pipermcruz

instagram - pipermcruz

christopher sturniolo as himselfinstagram - christophersturniolo

instagram - christophersturniolo

trigger warnings:
- domestic abuse
- substance abuse

a/n: there's no smut in this

also, english is not my first
language (it's spanish fyi),
so if you stumble across any
errors, please feel free to
comment on them, i will
appreciate it!