8.

Piper skipped the rest of the day and it wasn't until Chris was in the changing room putting on his work out clothes that he found out about her whereabouts

"Didn't realized you had a personal cheerleader, Chris" Paul Gray said as he entered.

"What are you talking about?" He frowned

"Piper is sitting on the bleachers" He answered with a smirk. "You son of a bitch, you won three hundred dollars and the girl."

"Really? I'll go check on her."

"What would Piper think of the reason you got with her?" Jackson asked

Chris rolled his eyes internally and got up.

"Piper and me getting together has nothing to do with the bet. It was... a coincidence" He walked past his brother eyeing him suspiciously on his way out to find Piper.

She was sitting on the first row and had a book in her hands. The girl didn't even noticed when he sat next to her.

"Why are you here?"

"I'm reading."

"I can see that. But why are you here? In this place" He tried not to sound as annoyed as he felt by her presence. But sometimes he truly couldn't stand her. "Leave." He could already hear the rest of the team getting out to the field.

"I'm waiting out here" She closed the book and turned to face him. "Am I too distracting for you?" She batted her eyelashes at him.

"Pff" She crossed one leg over the other, making her skirt hitch up a little, just enough for the movement to catch his eyes. "You'll distract the others. Half of the team already wants to..." He trailed off, not wanting to finish that sentence. "Leave, I'm not asking again."

"If legs and boobs are enough to distract your team, then you guys fucking suck" She scoffed. "What are you? Twelve?"

He stood up abruptly and grabbed her pink backpack and shot his hand out in front of her.

"Get up."

"No, what the fuck."

"It wasn't a question, Cruz. I don't want you here."

"Ask nicely."

"No. Get up, Cruz, I'm walking you over to drama club."

"How do you know I have drama club?" She asked.

"I just know."

She glanced to the boys in the field then back to his hand before taking it and standing up.

"Did you see what LCHS Tea posted?" She asked while they headed inside the school once again.

"Yeah."

"It's weird isn't it? Being on their radar." Piper didn't know why she was making small talk with a boy she'd spent the last of her teenage years hating.