Chapter 17

After sailing for a whole night, the boat then shook like running into something hard.
It awakened both Delaaran and Kubo.

"It's...a wall of rock. How do we get up there?" Delaaran asked.

Kubo closed his eyes to think.
"You have to master aero shifting- the more you do it, the better you become. So jump up there."

Delaaran's eyes widened.
"What? Are you crazy?"

"Just do it! At least try! You've probably gotten stronger now!"

"Fine!"

They both got out and looked at the top.
Delaaran grabbed Kai Lin's hand and jumped.

He made it halfway, and then they both fell.

"Awe man. I guess I'm just not that strong. Ku-bo!" Delaaran said crossing his arms.

Kubo rolled his eyes.
"Then we'll have to climb."

Delaaran looked at him. "Climb? No no no no no!"

They ended up climbing anyway of course.

"You always have to do things the hard way!" Delaaran yelled.

"Stop being a wuss and climb. If you climb, you'll make it to the top."

"Oh wow, that's funny! I didn't know if I climbed a ginormous rock, I could make it to the top! Gee, I didn't even know there was a top of the rock to reach!"

Kai Lin sighed.

"I sound stupid right now, Kubo! Me? Climbing a giant rock to get to a place where they might kill us for making it to the top!"

Kubo finally made it to the top and pulled Delaaran up.

"There. Now stop your whining. You need training anyway. I promise you, once you find the next Guardian, you'll go through a lot worse."

Kai Lin then walked away.

"Dang it, Kubo! That doesn't make me feel better at all!" Delaaran whined following behind him.

They started to walk down the stairs, trying to get to the bottom.

"Now I have to walk down stairs! Great!" Delaaran said.

They finally made it to the bottom.

"So, Guardian you say? How do we find him?" Delaaran asked.

Kubo shrugged his shoulders.
"I dunno. Legend says that the Azena knows how to find the Guardians. So you tell me. Where could the Guardian be?"

Delaaran tried to think and he closed his eyes. When he opened them, they gleamed bright white.

"Woah! Are you ok?" Kai Lin asked, stepping in front of him. "You can't let people see you like this."

Delaaran nodded, looking around him.

"I see...little stars making a pathway."

"Maybe they can help us find the Guardian."

Delaaran nodded.
"Alright then. Follow me."

Back at the Dragon Empire, the Emperor was furious. He kept trodding back and forth in his throne room.

Naviia and Beah then walked into the room.

"That imbecile of a son! I gave him everything! I gave him his name! And he decides to betray me! I'll end him! Just like I did to his-"

"Father." Naviia said.

He looked up and went to sit on his throne.

"My daughters, I see the maids prepared you nicely."