Chapter 7

The next day, they packed up their supplies and began walking until they saw something. It was a lake. But not just any lake. It had substance inside like lava.

They all sat in their tents until they could find another route.
Kanna decided to wash her face off in a little pond close by. Then, on her way back, Naviia grabbed her and pushed her onto the flat side of a big rock.

"Ouch! Hey! What do you want?" Kanna said gripping Naviia's arm.

"I'm surprised you haven't connected any dots. I could kill you right here, but I have a job to take care of." Naviia said, with a smirk on her face.

"You don't have the guts anyway!"

"You should shut up and listen!"

Kanna then pushed her arm off of her and reclined back on the rock with her arms folded.

"I gave you time to speak, so use it wisely."

They both stared at Delaaran through the trees, as he was laughing with Rylo.

"Listen, I'm not who you think I am. So, if you ever have plans to mess me up, think twice about your choice."

"Who are you then?"

Naviia's face changed as she looked away.

"Tch. None of your concern."

Kanna then raised her eyebrow, looking at her angrily.

"You sound like a threat to me."
She then stepped closer to Naviia, almost taking her off of the cliff.
"You will no longer need to worry about your so called plans if you make one mistake, or give me the slightest sign that you would harm Delaaran. Your life would come to an end right here, I'll see to it."

Naviia looked at Kanna with a smirk, a little intrigued at that.

"We'll see to it then."

She then grinned before leaving to join the boys. As she left, Kanna kept an eye on her to make sure she didn't make a mistake.

Kanna struggled to sleep that night while everyone else slept in their tents.

In the middle of the night, she woke up late and started to look around. She attempted to remain silent after spotting a shadow through the tent. She turned to see Delaaran standing, as Naviia struck him with fire in the back. Her mouth opened in a gasp, as her eyes expanded at what she saw.

After being shaken by Delaaran, she sat up and let out a loud intake of air.

She turned looking at him. She tried to breathe so she wouldn't worry him.

"I'm sorry, I must have been dreaming." she said with her hand on her head.

"A nightmare?" Delaaran asked.

Kanna looked at him and then looked away.
"Yea. A nightmare."

Delaaran began to smile and took some of her blankets.

"What are you doing?" Kanna asked with a laugh.

"I'm going to sleep with you, so I can watch if you have a nightmare again. I'm going to be there for you."

"Alright."
She then went back to sleep. This time when she slept, she heard someone say:

Watch out for the darkness will take your light
The one that you see may not be so bright

Delaaran and Kanna slept for a couple of minutes before being able to cross the stoned lava.

Kanna woke up and saw that the lava cooled. Before she woke Delaaran up, she looked at him as he lay there. She then smiled and tapped his arm.