Chapter 16 : Missing meds

Chapter 16

Later...   

Riker POV

When Mark got back, he came over to check on me.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, sitting down next to me.

"Still dizzy and sick to my stomach. And I have a pounding headache. It doesn't feel like the Tylenol did anything."

"I can give you something else to take. I really think you might have a concussion."

"I don't want a concussion."

"You just need to rest. You've been through a lot these past few days. And being stressed isn't helping either."

"Ross said I shouldn't sleep with a concussion."

"Well... You've already been awake for a while. If you want to sleep, you can, but I need to wake you up and make sure you're still ok."

"I have a problem."

"What?"

"My anxiety meds are still at home. Probably in my parents' bedroom. Can we go get them?"

"Riker, I don't know if that's a good idea. You're very dizzy and don't feel well. And I don't want you to get anxious being in that house again."

"Ok, but if I don't get it, I'm just going to be anxious here."

"You really want to go back to your house?"

"Yes. I have a key. Can we please go?"

"Yes."

I put my glasses back on. Mark helped me stand and walk out to the car. I was fine the whole car ride there. It didn't make me any more dizzy than I already was.

Mark made sure I was ok as I walked up to the front door. I slowly put the key in and unlocked the door. I went inside. I kind of froze, just looking around. I felt myself becoming extremely anxious, thinking about everything that happened yesterday.

"Riker."

"I'm fine," I said, quietly.

I started walking towards the stairs. Mark followed me up. I found my meds on dad's nightstand. And then I went back downstairs.

"I think my shirt is still outside," I said, walking towards the back door.

Mark followed me outside. I spotted my shirt on the ground next to the pool. I bent down slowly and picked it up. There was blood all over the back of it from last night.

I slowly looked over at the pool. There was also blood on the cement from last night too.

"Riker, I don't want you looking at all of this. Let's go," Mark said.

I looked back down at the blood on my shirt. Mark took the shirt out of my hands and gently pushed me back in the direction of the house.

We left and I locked the door again and got back in the car. Mark started driving us back.

We drove in silence. I was still kind of freaked out by being home. And seeing my own blood.

When we got back, Mark told me to go sit on the couch and put the ice pack back on my head. He got me some more medicine for my headache and gave it to me. And then he sat down beside me.

"Riker."

"What?"

"Are you ok? You seemed really anxious at your house."

I stayed silent and looked down at the floor.

"Riker," Mark said, nudging me.

"I just really didn't like seeing my blood all over. It just makes me feel... I don't even know! I just feel weird about it!"