Chapter 4 : Long night

Chapter 4

Later...   

Riker POV

I woke up, screaming again from another nightmare. It felt so real. Mark was hitting me.

I started crying and having a panic attack. I instantly remembered Ross wasn't here, which just made me cry harder.

I saw the light in the hall go on, which just made me freak out even more. Mark appeared in my doorway and turned my light on.

"What happened? Another nightmare?" Mark asked, coming over.

I pulled my knees to my chest. It feels like I can't breathe. And I was just panicking more and more.

Mark sat down beside me.

"It's ok. Just try to calm down."

I started getting really dizzy again. My crying mostly turned into hyperventilating and I literally felt like I was suffocating.

"Riker-"

"I can't breathe!" I screamed.

"Yes, you can. You just need to calm down."

"I can't!"

I let go of my legs so I could sit up straighter. I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Riker, you have to take deep breaths."

Mark lightly put his hand on my back. I felt my vision getting fuzzy and I felt like I was falling.

Next thing I knew, I was on the floor with an ice pack on my forehead. Mark was sitting on the floor beside me, holding the ice pack on my head.

When I finally realized what had just happened, I started crying again. I sat up and covered my face with my hands.

"Riker, you're ok. You're safe," Mark said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm tired of crying!"

"It's ok to cry."

"Why?"

"Because you're scared."

"Did I hit my head when I passed out?"

"No. I caught you."

I took my hands off my face and looked up at Mark.

"Let's go downstairs for a little bit and try to get you to calm down, ok?"

I nodded and wiped my tears. I followed Mark downstairs. He sat down on the couch in the living room and motioned for me to sit next to him. I was still crying, but I was a little calmer now.

I sat down beside him. He lightly put his arm around me and then put something on tv.

"Why are we sitting down here?" I asked, quietly.

"I don't want you alone in your room if you're this freaked out. And I don't want you passing out and hurting yourself."

I sighed and leaned back slightly against his arm.

"I'm cold," I said, quietly.

"Go get the blanket from your bed."

I got up and pulled the blanket off my bed. I went back downstairs.

I froze for a second and just sighed. I'm tired. And I wish Ross was here to give me a hug.

I sat down next to Mark. He put his arm around me again. And this time, I sort of leaned against him and put my head on his chest. I pulled my blanket over me and shut my eyes. I'm so tired.

I sighed and just listened to the tv. And before I knew it, I was fast asleep.

Later...

Riker POV

"Riker, wake up."

I opened my eyes. Mark was shaking me slightly. I realized my head was in his lap. But I was too tired to even care.

"I have to go pick up Ross. It's almost 10:00," Mark said.

I slowly sat up. Mark got up and had me lay back down on the couch. He spread my blanket out over me again. And I fell back asleep.

Later...

Ross POV

"Did you have fun?" Mark asked, starting to drive us back to his house.

"Yeah!"

"What did you guys do?"

"Mostly just played a lot of video games. Then watched a movie and stayed up really late," I said.

"That sounds like fun."

"It was!"

"When we get home, Riker will probably be asleep, so I want you to be quiet and not wake him, ok?"

"Ok. Why is he asleep so late?"

"He had a really rough night."

"Another nightmare?"

"Yeah."

"Oh..."

"Did you have breakfast this morning?"

"No."

"Maybe we can find something for you to have when we get back."

"Could I have pancakes?"

"Sure."

"Do you think you could teach me how to make them?"

"Yeah, of course. It's not very hard."

We got back to Mark's house. When we went inside, I saw Riker laying on the couch in the living room. Why is he down here and not in his own bed? What happened last night?

I went to the kitchen to go learn how to make pancakes. I'll ask Riker about last night later when he's awake.