Chapter 2 : Nightmare

Chapter 2

Later...

Riker POV

I ate the stupid pizza before the movie was over. And I didn't get sick. That doesn't mean that I trust Mark though.

I went upstairs, got ready for bed, and made my list of things to get at the mall tomorrow. 

And then I got into bed. I kind of didn't like that I had my own room. Ross and I have always shared a room. It felt too quiet.

I pulled the covers over my head and just tried to sleep. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. I don't really want to go to the mall, even if it means getting new clothes.

Middle of the night...

Ross POV

I woke up hearing Riker scream. This can't be good.

I got out of bed. When I got to Riker's room, Mark was already in there and the lights were on. Riker was sitting up in bed, crying. And his face was very pale.

"He gets nightmares. He's fine," I said, walking past Mark.

Riker sounded out of breath.

"Move over," I said, nudging him.

He moved over and wiped his tears. I got into his bed.

"Now lay down," I said, pushing him.

Mark left. I laid down next to Riker. He was shaking so much that it was shaking the bed slightly.

"What was your nightmare about?" I asked, quietly.

"Mark hurting us," he whispered.

"Ok, well it was just a dream."

I pulled the covers over both of us.

"Wake me up if you need something," I said, closing my eyes.

Later...

Riker POV

I was exhausted. I barely slept last night. And I barely slept the night before too. 

We were at the mall. Ross was getting a lot of things like clothes, bathroom stuff, toys, stuff for school... I just felt too anxious to pick anything out. 

"Riker, Ross has gotten a bunch of stuff. How about you get some stuff too," Mark said.

I stayed silent and just stared down at the floor.

"Let me see your list," Mark said.

I handed him my list.

"Ok, how about we start with clothes."

We walked to the clothes section. But I really don't want to pick anything out.

"Ross, how about you help Riker get some clothes. You probably know what he likes to wear," Mark said.

Ross started putting random stuff in the cart. That's basically how the rest of the shopping trip went. Ross just picked out a bunch of stuff for me based on my list. 

During the car ride back, Ross wouldn't stop talking to Mark about stuff he likes doing and how he's excited that he gets to go back to school because it's the same school we went to when we lived at mom and dad's house and he wants to see his friends. I just wish he would be quiet. I don't like that he's getting closer with Mark. He's too trusting of new people.

When we got back, I helped bring in everything we got at the mall. And then I went up to my bedroom. Ross came upstairs a few minutes later and brought me my stuff.