And if you're thinking of me, I'm probably thinking of you.

You're a writer and have an unforgettable meeting with Alex Turner at some bar.

Warnings: none. This is ridiculously fluffy and unreal and I fucking love that. Inspired by the film "Before Sunrise."

2016

"Do you mind if I sit here?" The man said, pointing at the seat next to you. You didn't even turn around to see his face.

"Sure, get comfortable." you said.

From what you were seeing from your peripheral vision, he was a handsome man, probably in his thirties, with a tired look on his face. It was a random Wednesday; you got off work and made your way to the small bar near your house. It had been a stressful day, and you needed a drink. It was empty—just you, him, and the bartender.

You weren't the most talkative person, but you felt like he might have liked someone to engage in a conversation. You turned to look at him and recognized his face immediately.

"So, what brings you here..."

"Alex," he stated.

"Oh, I know who you are," you said. "What brings you here, Alex?"

"You know, just life. Boredom. Sadness."

"You could use a drink, right?" You asked, gesturing to the bartender to bring another that you were having.

"Thank you. What about you..."

You said your name. You explained to him how you were stressed and needed some time alone and how work was exhausting.

"Man, sometimesI wish I could be an artist like you."

"You sing?" He asked.

"Only on karaoke nights. I write, mostly."

"I do too," he expressed, and you made an "I know that" face.

"Not to break your expectations, but sometimes it's not that good to be on the spot. People are always in your business."

"Well, aren't they always?" You asked.

"Yes, but I mean, sometimes I wish I could just not be too hard on myself. Of course, I love my career, and I'm so grateful for everything, but eventually it's just hard to be myself. There's a lot of things in the industry that make me question if I'm on the right path," he ranted.

"It's almost like we're never good enough." you said.

"Right?"

You had a couple of drinks, the alcohol started to kick in. The conversation flowed flawlessly, like you knew each other for a long time.

"I'm finishing some tour now, actually." he said.

"Arctic Monkeys tour?"

"No, The Last Shadow Puppets. It's another project I have with a friend."

"That's cool. How was it?"

"Fucking awesome. We had a great time composing the songs. I had the best... how can I say... electric moments out there."

"I guess it's the definition of sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll."

"I won't agree nor deny that." he answered, laughing.

"What's next?" You asked.

"I want to do something totally different from what I've made."