The dream Synopsis

You have known Alex for five years and he never gave you the opportunity to get closer to him. You try to not dislike him, but one night made it impossible.

This is my (maybe failed) attempt at writing an angst enemy to lovers, thank you for the request <3 also, I wrote this picturing 2015 Alex.

"Read that shit already, Alex!" Matt said smiling. You were all playing some drinking game where you pulled the cards and answered by pointing at the person who was the response and then justified the choice. With lots of alcohol, everyone was being too sincere.

"Uhm...Ok, fine." Alex said. "Who's the most boring person in this game and why?" He read the card and everyone cheered.

"Al, you can't drink again, you have to answer it or you're out!" Someone said loudly.

"Yeah so I'm going to-" He looked at everyone, looked down and then stared straight to you taking a moment before pointing at you, causing you to freeze.

"And why... I mean, I don't know, you are so quiet with me, and I-"

He was interrupted by someone knocking at the door so he stopped talking and threw the card at the table, drinking his beer.

You were shocked. There were way more boring people at that party. You are not that boring. Fucking idiot, you thought. You didn't even know how to react to that, you just took a long sip of your drink and continued the game in silence hoping that no one would notice how mortified you got by his little innocent comment. You were insecure about your personality because of the recent breakup you had so Alex's comment felt like a wound opening slowly.

You didn't even like Alex. Not because he made something specifically to you (until now) but because he acted so weird with you most of the time. How could people stand him? I mean, he was a sweetheart with everyone but you. He approached everyone but you. That made you unconfident. And it's not like you just met him, you were there every time, being good friends with the rest of the band and their wives meant that you were always there. Being backstage, celebrating things, their birthday parties, and everything. Why wouldn't he talk to you? Because he's a fucking clown, you answered yourself.

Getting up, you went running to the bathroom in an attempt to make yourself feel a little better. You replied your red lipstick and dried the corner of your eyes. Trying not to take it too personally, part of you wanted to go away and lay down on your bed, but the other one kept saying you should stay and act like it didn't affect you at all. And that's what you did; you asked Jamie, the owner of the party to turn the music up and invited people to dance. Sipping a lot of drinks and making stupid jokes to forget you were uncomfortable with that comment, you began to think what people were thinking about you: were you really boring? I mean, It wouldn't be the first time someone said that to you. And Alex stayed on the corner for a while staring at you, he was probably thinking you were a fool. So you drank more and danced harder. The night had to go on.

And then, a person you met a few times and hooked up with invited you to go outside and hang out. You were feeling in the mood, so you did. You ended up kissing for a good time and that was all, but your lipstick was smudged and you were feeling good, smiling on the way back. Getting back inside, you bumped into Alex, who was clearly drunk.

"Looks like someone was having some fun out there." He said smirking, looking you up and down.

"Shut up. What do you want, Alex?" You answered him harshly. You were kind of mean, but it was the alcohol taking and the anger you felt for him and his attitude.