Batphone

*Alex finally let you know what he's working on after the The Last Shadow Puppets tour ended*

No warnings just a short cute fluffy chapter for all the romantic fools like me <3

Alex was talking to you about the notion of the idea of the new album he was finally going to show the band tomorrow.

"Here's the thing: it's totally distinct from everything we've made.'' He started to describe the concept of it, how his train of thought worked and how it's like shooting in the dark, but at the same time he is sure that this is the next step for their career. He kept saying how he wanted to go full rock'n'roll but it all seemed like a pretend-to-be singer.

"Alex, if this album is the reason you spent the last three weeks basically living in that bedroom, it's definitely worth it. I know how much you love music and if you feel like you're trying too hard and it's not coming naturally, you need to follow your guts. You've been down this road for so many years and you more than anyone know how it works."

Ever since the Puppets tour ended, Alex took a deep dive into his thoughts and you respected the process. You had your own work and job to do, so every time you arrived home, he talked a little bit about his day.

"It's so crazy, I spent like ten hours in this room and it doesn't even feel like work."

Sometimes he was writing on a piece of paper, maybe a napkin, or listening to some different songs. You noticed it was a big deal to him when he started to play all the instruments he had and even bought a drum set. He was up to something;
You thought: "I'm witnessing something big being created." He also let his beard and hair grow, which was a new look for you and for him. It's funny, every time that someone is going through a change, they'll probably change their hair.

"Yeah, it's been that long, right?" He answered. "Baby, I'm sorry. I just really got carried away." He said.

"Alex, come on. You never have to apologize for your passions. Remember when you told me that? Now it is time to listen to your own advice."

"Thank you so much, my love. I feel like I finally can talk to you through it. Actually, show you what I've been doing". He put his headphones in your head and a song started to play.

Just another microcosm somewhere in the ether
Putting the world to rights with Bing Crosby eyes
Oversharing and its bitter aftertaste
Exactly the wrong time in exactly the wrong place
Save it for a rainy day
Baby, you go hard in the paint
It's just another race to anyways
Philanthropic toga party
What a place for both the opposite sides of my double life to finally collide
Sharing secrets I was taking to the grave
Nosebleeds from epiphanies I took full in the face
Oh, come all by the fire, babe, let's all participate
In yet another race to anyways
Oh, how's your Mum and Dad been doing with the generation gap?
Yeah, I'm behind my movie camera
I've got my megaphone
You can call me Alexander
It's nice to meet you all
Listening to the Shipping Forecast
Driving to the airport
Me and the guys
Metropolis ablaze in the rearview
Devising methods to both have and eat your cake
Just like the ones that Mother Nature used to bake
You look as if you know exactly what I'm gonna say
It's just another race to
Anyways

The music ended and your eyes were full of tears. You couldn't form a proper sentence because it all touched you up so deeply.

"Did you play all the instruments?"

He nodded yes. He was looking at you like a kid wanting their parent's approval. You loved it. Every single second of it. You always trusted his work and you were always going to support him because he did the same with you.

"It's fantastic." You said. "Really, like, this is fucking phenomenal. The vocals, the lyricism, the musicality of it. I'm so proud of you, Alexander. By the way, it's nice to meet you too. I just know that the lads are going to love it." You said smiling.

"I love you. I'm going to take this to them tomorrow. I already talked to them on the group chat and it seems like we are on the same page, but let's see if they're up to doing an album based on that song. We talked a lot about how we don't feel like going in the same direction. and how we grew as musicians,"

"I love you too. I also have to say, you talk a lot about how I work hard, but let's talk about your hard work now. Come on, you're tired but still producing masterpieces and I think this is admirable. And you know what I was talking to my friend the other day? It's so sweet that I know you spend your whole day in your own world but as soon as I enter the place you're waiting for me with a cup of coffee in your hands." You stated.

"You want to know what's crazier? Every time you enter the building I can recognize it. The low beams of your car are way brighter than everyone's else. So they end up shining through the blinds. That, my love, is how I know you're here. And I get so happy about it."

"Alex, this is so sweet. But how are you sure that it's me? I mean, a lot of vehicles pass by here daily. It could be anyone."

"Oh honey, but I know when it's you. I'll always know when it's you. "

"I love you, Turner. I'll always be here for you."

"I love you too, babe. Like I said that time when we were watching one of the Batman movies: "If I were in another universe and had a batphone, it would never leave my side, because I'd spent the whole day talking to you. And then, on the rest of the day, I'd talk about you to everyone."

Hope you guys liked it :) the photo on the top is the tunes that Alex listened to while making the TBH+C album.

I'm thinking of updating some smut next chapter👀 send requests!
maybe the number 7 (author's note chapter) or another one that's more like enemies to lovers and they end up hooking up.