§§CHAPTER FIVE§§

As we rode home I started feeling hungry so I wound down and put my head out hoping it would bring down the hunger. But then my hair started flying and it got into Blaze's mouth and he almost choked. So he stopped (incidentally at a food court) to breathe. I felt bad as he stared at me so I offered to get him something. But guess what? He opened the car and got down. What? Is he giving me attitude on my double day? Nevertheless I took a deep breath and got down. He locked the car with it's key while walking off without even checking if I had gotten out. Wait would he have locked me in? I scrutinized him from afar but still went ahead. Now he was comfortably seated down at a table giving his order to the waiteress while I (his honourable guest) was standing!!!! Can you believe this? I quickly made it to the table and while I was sitting he asked "What would you like?" "Huh?" "You heard me" I was getting annoyed. I faced the waiteress who was about to laugh. I jammed my rings together (like Kelly in The Voice Global) to get her attention. "Excuse me. Am I funny? Is this funny?". I said gesturing. She was about to reply when she recognised me. Then she turned to Blaze and seemed to recognise him too. "I'm so so sorry. I didn't realise that you are a couple.". Then she 🤭. Ohhhh the nerve!!! I looked at Blaze. He seemed calm so I calmed down surprisingly and both of us stayed quiet. Soon the whole food court got so quiet that only the waitress's laughter was heard. The manager came running in - a plumpy man. He seemed tired by just running. "Miss Earl-Mlee, Mr Tankerson I just got calls from your lawyers. And may I add they were scary. I sincerely apologize on Macy's behalf. I assure you she is as good as fired". Then he turned to her and took her wooden board and screamed "You're fired!". Yeesh that was loud. She squeezed her face and took a quick pic of us before running out. A few seconds later and we heard a scream. Yeah we don't have bodyguards for nothing.

After a while we got a new waiter - a guy this time. Thank God. And soon our meals were served. I got Xavier soup while he got Pho. After a while I dropped my cutlery. "I'm still mad at you you know". "Your hair tastes like caca. Cut it." Whaaattt? I looked at him unbothered eating his Pho like I didn't even exist. Blaze was really getting on my patience. Then my phone binged and rang. My ringtone 'Little Things' by Jessica Mauboy rang at it's loudest volume. I purposely took time to bring out my ear pods, put them in and pick up the call.

It was Kian calling. "Hi Babe." "Sup Kian?" "Nothing......."He said teasingly. "What's my bill?" "We'll talk that later. Where are you? Nevermind. Tom came to pick up the car. So........" " Thanks Kian!" "No problem. Tia it's getting late so for my sake I hope you're home." I fell silent. I knew that I had spent too much time outside. It was almost 5:30pm and in normal circumstances I was not supposed to be out this late. I also didn't want to lie to Kian as he was probably my only friend in Atlanta excluding Blaze my Mom's friend's son and Ashley. Yeah it took me so long to piece it together. I wondered how Xena didn't notice it already. All this time Kian was patiently waiting for me to give him an honest answer and Blaze was quietly enjoying his Pho. I sighed and massaged my forehead signalling a waiter to pack our foods to go. Blaze almost choked when they took his Pho for packing and I almost laughed. They brought the POS machine and I paid for both of us with my black card much to Blaze's disapproval. I grabbed our semi-lunch, packed my bag and headed towards the car. "Tell you what Kian I'm in the car right now all buckled up and strapped in so I will be home soon. Okay?" There was no response and I felt bad. I cut the call. Kian was closer to me than my own family. So I kinda felt really bad.

Blaze noticed and squeezed my hand gently. "Hey what's wrong?". I peered at him not sure if I was ready to say what was in my mind to someone I hardly knew."I think Kian is mad at me for being out late." "Why do you think so?" "I just know it." "Okay Tell me why you think so." " Be careful there's a child by that sidewalk." "Tia I can see. Don't try to change the topic". I fiddled with my fingers for a bit and then sighed before I spoke "Kian is a very very busy personality and from a very young age he had gone through a lot of weird stuff that made him see work as a way to breathe. So I can't imagine how much it must have cost him to speak to me and hold on for me to reply him. I'm feeling bad now you know". He looked at me for a sec and stayed silent then he said "Call him up". I looked at him in disbelief but then decided to take the risk. I called Kian for the first time in years. He picked it up after a while. "Hi Kian" "Babe what's up?". His voice came out raspy. "Hey Kian are you okay?" "Yeah yeah I'm good but sleepy. Tell me are you home or on the road?" My words got stuck in my throat. "Kian please don't be mad. I'm on the road. I'll be home in approximately one hour." There was silence for some minutes. Then he chuckled tiredly and said " I'm not mad at you Tia. What made you think that?" "You were silent the other time and then I had to cut the call. So......." " There's poor reception where I am Babe so relax. Okay? Besides I know that you're sensible enough to get home partly sane. And I'm right! Right?" "Yeah! Yeah. Sure. Totally" "Cool! Catch me later girlfriend. Bye Love!" "Byeeee!". I was all smiles after that feeling good you know. But Blaze he glanced at me and kept shaking his head in amusement. Really? Was this funny? 😉🤫 Shush! Don't answer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Blaze's POV
She was totally feeling herself right now. And I was like 'What? Did you win an award girlfriend?' Cos she looked🤗. We were almost at her place but she didn't seem to notice. I guess little things just brighten up her day. "So Un Ami you think I'm funny?". I had to laugh at that. Seriously how did she think that wasn't funny? It was a sight no doubt but funny not the lest. So...... "I find you annoying (😈) most of the time" I said pulling up to her compound "But cute(☺️) non the lest. So........". She looked at me and beamed. "Thank you Blaze for today I really appreciate it.". I smiled and playfully punched her on her shoulder. "I've got you Amiga!". Her face immediately turn into a scowl. "Your Mom was right too much niceness doesn't look good on you". I suffered fake shock then we both laughed. She gathered her stuff gave me a tight suffocating hug 😰 and said "I'll see ya when I see ya". Next thing I know she was out of the car and I was pulling out of her driveway to pass through the already open gate back home in minutes.