6 •A Mood to Sell

Rena

It was the best day of the week, Friday, and Rena was out to shop.

After everything she heard, she slept for three days, one reason being because of stress and the second was due to her plot for murder.

Which she recovered in record time for.

"Mh, pumpkin pie sounds good right about now." She muttered to herself.

The seasons were changing, the month already being September and she snuggled closer to her window.

To be exact, Rena was in the backseat of an uber.

With Zayle.

She noticed that if him staying in her apartment was going to work, he needed human clothes, not clothes straight out of a historical TV drama.

She was dressed in a dark green turtleneck, a long black coat to add to the look and dark denim jeans, her frizzy hair being hidden underneath a beanie her mother had gotten her for her 24th birthday.

Zayle?

Well, Zayle just wore an extremely long coat. And her grandpa's boots.

She glanced at him nervously, watching his slender figure tremble as he clutched his arms, an act showing he was cold.

She almost felt bad for him.

It was quite a struggle, getting him to walk into the uber in only a coat. The sad part was that the coat was as thin as a shirt.

"S-S-So vulg-gar." The shuddering man seethed through his teeth.

Rena almost burst out into a fit of laughter at the man's stuttered sentence. She looked at him with an amused stare.

Zayle nearly shrieked as Rena plopped down next to him, leaning her head against the seat with a smug look.

"Feeling cold?" She questioned with an underlying message.

Zayle merely glared at her, but it was useless seeing as to how all it took for him to stop shivering was for her to sit next to him.

"Want my coat?"

"You ask me that now?!" He snapped as he hunched over in his seat. Rena held a hand to her mouth, desperately struggling to contain her laughter.

She watched him slump over for a few more seconds before she saw his pale hand slowly reach out to her. It amused the woman greatly, watching the arrogant becoming humbled quickly. 

The man flinched as she draped the thick warm coat over him, a questioning look lingering in his eyes.

"It smells like you..."

Rena looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Why does it smell like you?" He remarked, attitude being laced in his voice.

"You bitch! Be grateful—," She began to him upside his back with an aggravated expression. They barely registered the driver laughing at them until he began talking.

"You know, you two remind me of my grandparents!" He boomed, grabbing the two's attention. Rena was on the verge of biting Zayle's neck, and his hand halted as it gripped a fistful of her curled hair.

"The two were always at each other's throats, the two of them." He mumbled as he shook his head.

Rena nodded her head in agreement, going to voice her agreement when he suddenly began speaking again.

"I mean literally, there wasn't a day where I didn't see them leaving love bites on each other's necks." He chuckled.

"Love bites?" Zayle questioned as he turned his gaze back to Rena.