Chapter Ten

Happy reading guys!

I did change a few things up surrounding the Cybonic Plague. So I do hope that you don't mind what I did. Just as a little summary, the Bots' never dealt with the Plague on earth.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Koda froze at hearing Velocity's words.

"What?"

"All the major medical facilities, they're gone. The small ones are still up and running, but they're being overwhelmed quickly," The mainly teal femme explained quickly. Her optics glanced down to the small sparkling in Koda's hold, then over to her superior as he checked over Optimus. She noticed the dull look in his optics, and she swore there was a bit of rust forming around his wounds. She didn't ask anything, knowing that she would only earn a wrench to her helm.

"The medical databanks?" Megatronus rumbled, his deep voice made Velocity jump slightly.

"Gone."

Koda's doorwings fell, she made no attempt to speak. Her servo was intertwined with her mate's.

Velocity stood by for an order. Something...

As her optics closed for a moment, Koda felt a small pressure on her servo. She glanced over at Optimus. The Prime seemed to look right through her, "I'll be fine. You need to help them."

Taking a deep vent the guardian looked up at Megatronus, "How long?"

"Considering the time of injection from the Minotaur and the time it takes to make the cure...I would say a cycle. If we're lucky," The silver gladiator responded, "But with the amount of time it takes to make the cure..."

"We don't even know the cure!" Ratchet interrupted angrily. The glare he gave the larger mech was rather nerve wracking.

"Pardon?"

"The Cybonic Plague. It's fast acting. Quicker than what you say. A bot had a joor before they would go offline. It killed millions during the war," The CMO spewed out quickly. His brows furrowed, "How could your version be any different?"

"On our world, we didn't deal with whomever made the plague, it came from the Minotaur. As you two know," He gestured to Koda and Optimus, who were listening to the mech, "The Minotaur are ancient beings. They are one of the fiercest beings in my world. Capable of great destruction, and death. The orange substance which covers their horns is the plague. We never had a name for it, but with the research that I have done, they are incredibly close in nature. While we have a cure, I doubt this place has the right ingredients to make it. Some are very rare and low in numbers."

Velocity scoffed, "So you're saying the Bot who has it is gonna be offline. No hope. Just what we need."

"Unless the Bot who made it is alive then-"

Ratchet interrupted, "Megatron made it," He stated bluntly.

Megatronus' faceplates went from slightly nervous to shocked, "Oh..."

A small chirp caught everyone's attention. Koda looked down at the young mech in her grasp. She smiled softly, "You're listening to all of this?"

The sparkling's little doorwings, which looked like tiny nubs at the moment, since they had to grow in, flicked up and another chirp was heard.

Releasing her mate's servo, Koda gently tickled the sparkling stomach, before blowing raspberry kisses on the silver abdominal plating. Earning a giggle from the youngling.

"You think it's funny don't you? A big mean warlord making a plague all on his own," The femme stated between kisses. A louder giggle erupted from the sparkling which caused everyone to smile. Despite everything, Optimus found the moment rather enjoyable.