Chapter Twelve

Happy Reading Guys!!!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

Another crash came from down the stairs. Koda looked over to the doorway of the berthroom nervously, then back to the blood red optics staring her down.

"Give me the femme, and we won't be having any problems," A staticy, slightly broken voice called from the open window.

A deep rumble came from the Prime as he stepped in front of his mate, "Never..."

A flash of lightning lit up the room for a moment. Koda and Optimus caught a glance of the mech that the Prime often described in his night terrors. This time he came with another friend who walked out behind him.

"We much prefer it that way," The slightly smaller and lighter coloured mech chuckled. Pulling two swords out of their scabbards which were located on his hexa-lateral scapula. The katana's were freshly sharpened and shone brightly in the small minute of light.

"Run," Optimus orders Koda through their bond.

The femme's vent's were quick as she looked at her mate, "I can't leave you!"

"This isn't like before Koda, there's no kaiju here. There's only us, only Cybertronains. You are in no condition to fight!"

Taken aback from his words, Koda shook her helm and her thoughts cleared. She knew he was right and she was only making things worse...

Quickly opening a ground bridge behind her she swiftly ran through, "Just promise me you'll be okay."

A pause...

"I will try my best Little Bear."

As the bridge closed behind the Prime, he unsheathed his own blades, retracting his ion blaster to use both. He looked at the mech in front of him, "You will never lay a servo on my family..." He growled before launching at the mech.

Deadlock swiftly stepped aside and brought one of his blades down on the Primes left cadulen. A stream of Energon began bleeding from the wound.

That however did not pause the red and blue mech's fighting. He swiftly attacked the mech.

Slicing into his vital lines, Optimus was quick to disengage the mech's fual lines in his back struts. Causing Deadlock to fall to the ground.

Though when Optmius slammed his pede on the ground he was shocked to see that the mech was laughing.

"Y-you think you will stop us?" Deadlock chuckled, he released his blades and brought his servos to his helm and pressed a button on the side of his audials, "Cut off one helm, and two more will take its place."

Suddenly Deadlock began convulsing, a greenish blue Energon leaked from his intake. Optimus watched in horror as the mech's life drained. His frame strained as it seemed to fall in on itself. Deadlocks optic's gave out then his frame fell still.

Having watched a mech offline himself for the sake of a greater power left an unsettling feeling in Optimus' chassis.

After removing his pede from Deadlocks frame, the Prime remained silent for a few moments.

A loud thunk caught his attention and he remembered the sound that came downstairs. Immediately he exited the berthroom and ran down the stairs. Nearly tripping in the process.

As the Prime came into the living room he noticed that the door wasn't busted down. Nor was Megatronus even awake. The gladiator was resting on the couch as he did during the night.