Chapter Two

Happy reading guys!!
Sorry about the delay.

~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-~~-~-

Through the open blinds of the window, the pink sunrise shone through. A  deca-cycle had passed since Koda and Optimus fell into recharge on the couch.

Having been feeling a bit under the weather for the past six cycles the mostly blue femme hadn't gone into Iacon. It didn't seem serious, just a strange ache in her chassis and slight nausea...

Up in their berthroom Koda was finally recharging peacefully. Ravage was curled up by her abdomen, purring contently. Kneading the soft blanket happily.

Downstairs, the slight whistle from the kettle was slowly growing louder. From across the kitchen Optimus set down the small sandwich he'd made. Two slices of bread, with a bit of honey as well as some peanut butter.  Trying not to step heavily, the red and blue mech made his way over to the stove. He turned it off and as he went to grab the kettle a bit of the Energon jumped out of the pitch. The boiling substance landed on the top of the Primes servo.

Dropping the kettle, another small amount of the boiling substance plopped out.

"Mother, son of va–HMMM! OW!" The sudden splash of boiling Energon, the pulling back of his right servo, the yelp and the accidental biting of his glossa all happened within a few astroseconds.

Stumbling over to the sink, he quickly flicked the tap on with his left servo. Drenching his burning servo in the cool water. While rubbing the aching side of his cheek with his free servo.

All the while, Ravage sat on the ground watching, holding back a snicker. Behind the cyber cat, Koda's intake was open in shock. After hearing the shouts and loud stumbles of the red and blue mech, both of the drowsy Cybertronians had bolted out of the berth and run down the stairs to see what had happened.

Stepping forward a slightly nauseous Koda looked down and gently grabbed Optimus' servo which was in the running water. Azure optics looked over, and a flood of embarrassment ran through the Prime. However Koda allowed her worry to overcome it.

"It happens," She said reassuringly, a slight tiredness in her voice. Stepping away she walked over to a small medical cabinet. Grabbing a light gray gozz and ointment. Compared to water, Energon boiled at a much higher temperature. Causing harsher burns.

Ravage rubbed against the femmes legs, purring softly.

"You've been very cuddly Ravage," Koda smiled softly as she grabbed the gozz and ointment. She knelt down and ran her servo along the cyber cat's back. Before rubbing his audials, which the black, dark silver and slightly white cassette bot enjoyed. (G1 look haha) The sound of the tap turning off brought Koda back up to her full height. Her processor glitched for a moment, making her feel like she might fall.

"Damn cold," She muttered angrily. Walking over to the kitchen table she pulled out two chairs and sat down in one. Optimus came and sat down after drying off his servo. Huffing as he sat, the Prime offered his mate his servo. She smirked, "Who knew, the great Optimus Prime could be taken down by some hot Energon. Faced all those Cons' and Kaiju only to have his greatest enemy ever."

Rolling his optics, Optimus observed his mate as she worked, "How are you feeling today?"

Koda shrugged as she spread some of the ointment on the burnt spot, "Still feel like scrap. I'll try to go to Iacon today though. I'm sure Ravage is getting pretty restless after I said we'd go see Soundwave." One glance at the cassette bot forwarded her reasoning. The cyber cat had perked up at the name of his former master. Who was more of a friend, "And I would like to try to get some work done on those shelves. Then hopefully I can come in and put them up in your class."