Chapter : 25

Author's pov:

Upon hearing this, Abhishek was told by the doctor, "Don't worry, we are making every effort to ensure that her pain gets better," after saying this, the doctor left.

Everyone was worried, and at that moment, dadaji said, "He bhagvan (Oh God), please have mercy and don't let anything happen to our daughter." As he said this, tears welled up in dadaji's eyes.

Abhishek went to dadaji, sat down on his knees, held dadaji's hand, and said, "Dadaji, just have faith in God; nothing will happen to Shanvi. You know how much Shanvi believes in Lord Shiv ji, so nothing can happen to her with lord shiv by her side."

Then, dadiji spoke, "Abhishek is right, nothing will happen to our daughter. We all just pray to God. I also vow that if my daughter recovers soon, I will share food with underprivileged children and offer 1001 laddus as a religious offering to God." Dadiji said this with tears in her eyes.

Abhishek's attention then shifted to Shanvi's father, who stood outside Shanvi's ward, continuously watching her. Abhishek approached him and stood by his side.

When Abhishek placed his hand on Shanvi's father's shoulder, Shanvi's father's attention was disrupted. He then wiped away his tears and looked at Abhishek with his sad eyes.

•~•

Abhishek's pov:

"Don't worry, Uncle ji. I promise you today that I won't let anything happen to Shanvi."

Uncle said while crying, "'I don't know why,' but now I'm starting to get scared that something might have happened to my daughter. Even when the doctor came, he didn't say anything."

"Look, Abhishek beta, you have to see through the doors of this ward. My bachhi shanvi is not showing any response."

Then I saw Shanvi again, and I remembered from last night, I've been having negative thoughts for some reason. There was a strange anxiety, but "why did Shanvi get so angry with me?" There must be something she's hiding, otherwise, I know my Shanvi doesn't get angry without reason.

For four and half years, I have loved you endlessly, and I will continue to do so no matter what happens.

Just then, Dadi's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

Dadiji said, "raj beta, time is passing, but why hasn't the doctor come? Arjun, go and somehow ask the nurse and doctor how our Shanvi is doing."

"I know nothing will happen to my bachha. I have faith in God."

Then I said, "Dadiji and Dadaji, it must be time for your medicine; you should have snack. And all of you should eat; staying hungry like this is not good."

Then Trupti aunty said, "Look, see who's talking about not staying hungry. Abhishek, you've been hungry since yesterday, and you didn't eat anything last night, so you should also have food with us from now on."

I smiled and said: "Aunty, I really am not hungry. You all go ahead and eat; I'll bring breakfast for everyone."

Then Mummy said, "beta, please eat something." She came to me and whispered, "If you don't eat, you'll fall ill, and then you won't be able to take care of Shanvi properly. Will that make you feel better? Think about it."

"Mummy please understand I don't want to eat anything until some good news about Shanvi arrives..."

But....When Mom was about to say something, I said, "Come on, I'll get something for all of you to eat."

As I was leaving, Dax said, "Wait, Abhishek bhaiya, I'll come with you."

I nodded in agreement, and we both soon arrived at a good restaurant where a hot breakfast was being prepared.