Chapter : 24

Author's pov:

At 6 in the morning, the rays of the sun entered through the window and gently touched Shanvi's face, causing her to slowly open her eyes. However, the pain in her chest had not diminished at all.

Then she remembered that when she came out of the washroom, as she was moving forward, the pain intensified, causing her to collapse on the floor. After that, she couldn't recall what happened next.

Slowly, she managed to stand up, using the support of the wall. Then, she experienced intense pain in her chest again, accompanied by a severe headache. She was still feeling dizzy and began wondering what was happening to her and why her pain wasn't subsiding.

Then, she thought since it's only 6 in the morning, "I'll go to my balcony and take in some fresh morning air; maybe it will help."

She went to her balcony and stood there for a while, but everything seemed blurry as she was still feeling dizzy. Realizing she might not be able to stand, not even a few minutes had passed before she returned to her room and sat down against her bed, right in front of the balcony.

Then, she bent her knees, resting her head on them, unable to forget the hardships of the previous day despite not wanting to dwell on them.

                                 •~•

Shanvi's pov:

I don't know why I can't forget all of this. Feeling sad, I smiled ironically, thinking, "How will I ever forget this day, the worst day of my life? What kind of life is it where I'm not even happy? I wish there was someone in my life who could understand me, listen to me, and do everything to keep me happy. Someone with whom I am happy, and they are willing to fight for me in front of the whole world. But I am not fortunate enough for all this to come true in my life."

And my tears just wouldn't stop, thinking about all of this. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't even realize when time started slipping away, and now it was already eight in the morning.

Suddenly, my attention turned towards my phone, and I noticed five missed calls from Archi. Then I thought, "Oh God, this girl! If I don't call her, she'll worry. And if I do call, she'll ask so many questions that answering them will be hard for me. But I have to talk to her, so I dialed her number."

After just one ring, she immediately answered my call, and before I could say anything, she angrily exclaimed, "You just don't understand! I called you so many times, and I've been trying to reach you for half an hour. Do you know how worried I was? And yes, you meet me in college today. Then, you have to tell me everything, honestly.

I interrupted, saying, "Hey archi, listen to me! I will not..."

Archi loudly said: chup chup chup (shut up) I don't want to hear any excuses; you're coming to college today. I haven't had peace of mind since last night. Just tell me once, then I'll deal with that scoundrel too.

I said: tch tch archi, First, speak slowly. And yes, I'm not making any excuses. If I can't come to college today, understand that I might have some urgent household work. Okay, let's go, I was saying. Then, the pain in my chest increased significantly, and I started coughing. Archi said, "Shaanu, Shaanu, are you okay? Fine, I'll come to your place."

Then, somehow, I said, "No...no.., Archi, do... don't.. come over..rig.. right now. We'll meet later at home. Bye!"

I hung up the phone and then placed my hand on my chest.

                                  •~•

Author's pov:

Due to the fatigue from yesterday, everyone had now woken up, unaware that Shanvi was in great distress. Her pain was increasing with time, and now, her oxygen levels were decreasing. However, she continued to take deep breaths without showing any signs of weakness.