Homenaje 🦋

~~

Today marks the 105th birth anniversary of the late President Ferdinand E. Marcos. All members of the Marcos family, including the current President of the Philippines, Bong, are expected to attend a mass at the Libingan ng mga Bayani.

The first to arrive is the former First Lady, Imelda Marcos, followed by Irene's family. As they enter, Yara walks alongside Greggy, posing a question.

Yara: Dad, what convinced Shoti and Achi to bring Max and Thali along? Look at how the cameras are swarming.
Greggy: Well, they had an appointment with their pediatrician earlier and were running late, so they decided to come straight here.

Yara: Oh, I get it. They're as protective as you and Mom, right? They wanted to shield the kids from the media frenzy and ensure their privacy.

As Yara and her dad maneuver through the crowd of supporters and cameramen, she smiles, reassured by Xandra's discreet efforts to protect Thali's face beside Irene.

During their conversation, Luis joins in.

Luis: Hey, Shobe, and Dad! We've got Max and Thali covered. Making sure they're shielded from all the cameras, and we're keeping it sweet and low-key for them. It's heartwarming to see how much everyone cares about the little ones.

Luis then wraps his arms around his little sister as they head towards their grandfather's grave. Greggy also holds his dear daughter's hand as they make their way towards their seats.

They warmly greet their beloved Mama Meldy, their affection for her palpable.

Yara: My beautiful Lola! *extends her hand for the traditional mano and leans in for a beso*
Mama Meldy: My Victoria *tenderly holds Yara's cheeks* How are you?

Yara: I've been quite busy with school, Lola, but everything is going well.
Mama Meldy: Getting ready to leave for abroad soon? *expresses a mix of concern and sadness* If it were up to me, I wouldn't allow you to go, darling.

Yara gently embraces Lola Meldy, wearing a smile filled with warmth and affection, and rests her head on her shoulder. Imelda, in turn, holds onto her granddaughter's hand with a protective grip, emphasizing the special place Yara occupies in her heart.

As they await Bong's arrival, Alfonso invites Yara to read the liturgy for the mass.

Alfonso: Come on, Shob. You should do the responsorial psalm; Mom and Lola will be over the moon.
Yara: *thinking* How do I go about it, Ahia? *pausing* I just have to read it, right?

Alfonso: Yes, you can read it, Ara. But, here's a thought – why not sing it? Cris will be there to guide you.
Yara: Sing? I'm not sure about that, Ahia. And with so many people around, what if I mess up? Or, heaven forbid, sing off-key?

Alfonso: Ara, we believe in you, and so does everyone here! Consider it a special gift for Lolo.
Yara: Alright, Ahia! I'll give it a shot. Can you help me find Tita Anna? I'd appreciate some guidance.

With enthusiasm, Alfonso accompanies his sister to Cris. Keeping it a surprise from their family, Yara quickly learns her part for the upcoming mass while everyone is captivated by Bong's arrival and his family.

"Happy Birthday Lolo Macoy, I hope you're happy up there, and this is for you. I am so nervous about this because it's my first time singing with such a big crowd. And, of course, it's special because it's your day, and the people around us here today love and miss you so much. The love and longing for you fill the air. Guide me as I sing, Lolo. I love you, and I miss you. All I wish ever since was I hope we did meet each other when you were still alive. Love you, Lolo."