Chapter 86

Yaszy Romano

As I opened my eyes, I was surprised to see Thor licking my cheek, which caused me to wake up and say, "What are you doing here, boy?"

Upon hearing a cold tone in response to my question, I turned my head towards the doorway of my balcony, where I saw someone leaning against the door frame.

"Nick?" I asked, causing him to turn around and face me as I noticed a dark facial expression on his face.

Nick walked over to me, helped me sit up carefully, and then took my legs to the edge of the bed and helped me to stand up.

As he did, he spoke with a dark tone of voice and told me, "You know what you did was stupidity. You could have gotten yourself killed."

"I know," I replied, "and I promise I won't do it again." He then reached towards the end of the bed, where he grabbed clothes.

After that, Nick grabbed the hem of my shirt and looked at me for permission. I nodded my head and he gently pulled the shirt off over my head.

"We need to change the bandage," Nick said with a tinge of concern in his voice, and I heard some shuffling coming from inside the bedroom as he walked away, which left me confused.

Once Nick returned from the bathroom, he sat on the edge of the bed and turned me to face him before taking the old bandage off and cleaning the wound.

As he continued to work on the wound, there were a few times where I winced in pain, which left Nick questioning if he should keep going.

However, I reassured him that I was alright, and let him continue to finish his work on the wound. As I pushed through the pain, I patiently waited for Nick to finish applying the ointment and placing the new bandage on the wound.

Once he was done, he untied my sweatpants, and pulled them down past my ankles.

Next, he grabbed the pair of sweatpants that were on the bed, held them out for me, and then let me step into them before lifting the sweatpants back up and tying the strings together.

After that, Nick grabbed the T-shirt from the bed, stood up, and placed it over my head.

"These are my clothes," Nick told me softly, making me nod my head in response. "Your brother had clothes picked out for you, but I wanted you to wear something of mine instead," he explained, leaving me speechless as I smiled at his thoughtful gesture.

"Where's Kai?" I asked, looking around my room but not seeing him anywhere.

"Luca took him with them," Nick told me, "They wanted to help take care of Kai for you," he continued, making me nod my head in response.

I was grateful to have a loving father and caring brothers who were always there for me whenever I needed them.

"We're gonna go to my house," Nick told me, making me nod my head with a smile.

He grabbed my gun holster and attacked it to the back of the sweatpants I was wearing. "There you go, mi reina." Nick said making my heart melt.

(Mi reina- My queen.)

I felt relieved to be with Nick again, as it had been a while since we had spent any time together.