CHAPTER 19: Reunion

Everyone was shocked at what Nickel had said. But he didn't notice he said it out loud.

Nickel got up from his spot, TestTube went over to help him. But he just swatted her hand away.
I couldn't believe my eyes, Nickel was really here. He was back, but something felt different about him.

I mean- he still cute but- ugh!! Can it Baseball this isn't the time to think about your best friend, who you had the longest crush on!!

"Ugh, what's going on? Why is there like 10 times the people here?" Nickel said with his usual sarcastic attitude.
"I would like to know as well..." The blue alien also known as Four spoke up, glaring at the smaller male.
Nickel looked over and was taken a back, "wha-! What the heck are you doing here!? Wait if your here does that mean-"

"Yes Nickel, and I have a bunch of questions for you. How long have you been show jumping!? How did you get here!? How many things have you been keeping from us!? Argh!! I'm so MAD I can just-" they open their mouth as something was about to come out. It looked like Nickel was terrified of what was going to come, but before it could happen.

The yellow one, X put their hand over Four's Mouth "no more screechy please" they said.
Four mumbled something in defeat.

"Y'know Four, I want answers as much as you do, but let's wait till he has fully healed" TestTube suggested, Four only rolled their eyes.

Nickel was still trying to process everything that was going on, I was about to go up to him myself. J-just to make sure he's ok and all, nothing else...

But someone beat me to it, I couldn't see who but they were running straight first to Nickel. Lunging their self onto him.

"Wha- CAKE!?" Nickel gasp out after getting up. Cake was on him hugging  tightly, completely disregarding his injuries. I couldn't see but I could tell Cake was crying.
Nickel was taken a back from this, it seemed like he didn't know how to react. At all!

"H-hey there, you can stop crying now Cake I'm right here y'know" Nickel said patted the crying boy back.

"why didn't you go through the stupid portal" Cake muttered through his tears. What happened next was something I wasn't expecting at all.

Nickel wrapped his arms around Cake, holding him close. "Heh sorry Cakey, I have a tendency of running away from my problems( I know what you all been saying!!)" Nickel said with a soft smile.

Nickel... Apologized? What did he mean when he said he tends to run away from his problems? Are we his problems?  I felt my stomach plunge after hearing that, I didn't know he felt that way...

I have to talk to him soon.

I watch the scene play, the two of them got up from their spot. It also made me realize how short Nickel is, I mean- Cake is even taller than him. Soon I heared someone yell "GROUP HUG!!" Before someone ran right past us. It was one of the Tpot eliminated contestants, I think her name was Naily?

She, along with someone who has red hair ran straight towards Nickel and Cake. Who didn't knock them down but they did stumble a bit. Then a girl with purple ribbons joined the hug, then two more joined the hug.

I found it kinda cute how Nickel was trying to process all of this, and honestly. I kinda wanted to join them.

Soon the hug ended, but of course the reunion wasn't over for Nickel. As a little boy ran over and jumped into Nickel's arms, with three other people behind.

I felt someone nudge my shoulder, I looked over and saw Knife. He was give the that annoying look, he won't leave me alone about my super obvious crush that everyone could see except for Nickel.