CHAPTER 5: inhabitants

I was waiting on the bed for TestTube. She had told me that the check up was on Tuesday, and today is the day.
After a hour of waiting, TestTube finally came.

"Sorry for the delay Cake, Fan forgot how to get out of my laboratory again..." She apologize,. fixing her glasses.

"It's alright" I smiled at her, she smiled back before looking at her notes.
She began asking me questions about my health, which I responded describing in small details.

"Knife told me that Bomb reminded you of someone from your team, I'm curious if there are more look-a-likes from your show" TestTube asked with a hint of curiosity.

"There is some that almost have the same name as the people here, but from no one else here looked like someone from my show besides from Bomb" I answered her.

"Do you mind telling me? I'd like to know more about your show before we talk about more serious matter" TestTube asked, I nodded in response.

She began asking me about people who name is close to the inhabitants here, and I gave only two names.
Fanny and Balloony.

"Fan told be about his little sister, her name was Fanny too" TestTube said, jotting down notes.

Fanny... Oh god...

I can't tell them, hopefully it's just someone with the same name.

"Do you think I could see a picture of her?" I asked TestTube, I'm sorta desperate right now. If they're the same person, how can I tell them that she's dead...

"Oh sure, Fan sent me a picture"
TestTube took out her phone and scrolled a bit before showing me a picture of her. It was a picture young Fan and his sister, I tried to make a comparison between Fan's sister and Fanny.

It was her alright.

"Fan said that I'll get to meet her once they reunite" TestTube said with a giddy expression.

"That's nice..." I managed to mutter out.
TestTube notice my expression, but before she could asked. Someone barges into the room.

"Hey TestTube!" The person called out, it was Knife!

"What do you want Knife" TestTube disappointingly ask, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Someone wants to see you" He said before leaving, TestTube sighed before placing the clipboard down and exiting the room.
I left the infirmary too, there was nothing left for me to do in there anyways.

I went downstairs to the lobby, and saw everyone gathered at the entrance of the hotel.  I got curious so I went over to the group of people. I squeezed my way through the crowd until I could finally see what the commotion was all about.
Infront of the door stood a tall blonde person with a sliver headband and a apron with paint splatters.

"PAINTY, YOU'RE BACK!!" I heard a blond girl yell, tightly hugging the person at the entrance.

"Golly, you made it quite far in the game" I hear TestTube's voice. There was also a red hair male with them, talking alot about there experience.

Soon the crowed dispersed only leaving me, TestTube and three other people. TestTube saw me and pulled me over to the group.

"I don't think I've introduced you to my friends-"

"OMGA! YOUR THE INJURED BOY KNIFE BROUGHT A WEEK AGO!" The blonde girl pointed out.

She let go of Painty(I think that was their name), ran over to me and violently shook my hand.

"IT'S NICE TOO MEET YOU I'M LIGHTBULB!!!" she said, continuing to shake my hand. TestTube told her to ease down the excitement, Lightbulb did as she was told and back away.

"I never seen him before, the people living here are usually contestants who were either eliminated or stayed here after the show" The Painty person says with a hint of confusion.

"Well you see Paintbrush, Knife and Suitcase found him in the forest badly injured. He's been here for a week now" TestTube explained to them, they nodded and turned to me.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Paintbrush. I was also eliminated from .i.i.i." they greeted.

"I'm Cake, I was also from an gameshow..."

They smiled and shook my hand before letting go. I noticed the red hair boy, staring at me with stars in his eyes. TestTube noticed his behaviour.

"This is Fan, the one I told you about earlier. He's a really big fan of game shows" TestTube introduced.

"Enough about me, I want to know EVERYTHING about your show!!" He said as his eyes gleam with excitement.

"Actually Fan" TestTube spoke up "I think you should ask about his show yet..."

Fan looked at her disappointingly, he wanted to ask why but I was suddenly dragged away.

" Like sorry TestTube, I like know your my BFFL GF but like- I gonna steal Cake for a while. I really like want to get to know him more, so yeah, like byeeee!" Salt proceeded to drag me to her room, TestTube tried to stop her but by then, we already made it up the stairs.

I have legs too.

We soon got to Salt's room, Salt kicked the door open and we entered. I saw a girl with black hair, wearing a grey sweater and a dark magenta skirt. Salt soon let go of me and went over to the girl.

"Cake, meet like my BFFL Pepper! Peppy, this is like Cake" Salt introduced her BFFL.

"It's like, nice to meet you Cake" Pepper said holding out her hand for me to shake.
I shook her hand, she seemed to have noticed my arms.

"Salty-salt, why didn't you like tell me he was born armless. Or like, he's injured and stuff" Pepper asked Salt.

"Oh I like, didn't think it matter"

Pepper rolled her eyes and let go of my hand and sat back on the bed. I just sat on the floor close to the bed.

"Anyways Cake, I got like a question for you" Salt says, walking over to us with a pile of papers.

"What is it?"

"Do you like, like fashion?"

I could she stars in her eyes as she asked that.

"Yeah, I do" I responded "I actually made the dress I was wearing before it got torn a bit" Salt's eyes gleam, she placed down the sketches of dresses on the floor and showed it to me. We ended up talking alot about fashion.

Salt also talked about OJ alot, and how they were meant to be.
I wanted to tell her but Pepper stopped me, saying that it's probably best not to tell her.

It felt nice having people to talk.
But I really miss my team.
They sorta took me in after was Clock and Eggy said.
Bomby, Naily, Book, Pillow...

Nickel...

Someday, I'll find a way to revive all you guys.