28.

Burnt Food

Okay, maybe this was harder than I thought

Okay, maybe this was harder than I thought. I thought to myself after my long shift. After I got a tour of the hospital, I started my shift right away.

With my experience, I didn't need "training". But I second that.

It was like High school all over again, I didn't know anyone and everyone knew  each other.

I ate my left overs from dinner and went straight back to work. I only ate a little because I barely had an appetite.

I rested my head on the steering wheel and let out a loud scream. Got I could t do this. But it would get better.

It had to.

I started the car and drove home, it was  ten at night already. Since I was just starting, I didn't have to work that long. Not right now.

Once I arrived home, I unlocked the door, immediately took off my shoes and bra. Because that's a need.

I sighed. My bra, phone, and purse in hand. I was ready to shut my eyes and fall asleep right here, right now on these stairs. I could barely walk, my thighs burned.

"Wow, bra off. Am I getting lucky tonight?" Dane whistled and smirked at me as he laid in the bed with his arms behind his head.

"Pfft, shut up." I rolled my eyes. I threw my bra at him. I shut the door and started to take my pants shirt off. Although I was still self conscious about my body, all I wanted to do was get in bed. You know that feeling when you're just so pissed off you could kill someone and not care. That's how I felt.

"How was work?" He asked.

I didn't even want to talk about it. Once I put my pajama pants on, I laid next to Dane in the bed. "Terrible, I sat by myself and I was too afraid to talk to anyone." I sighed and laid my head on his naked chest.

"Oh babe I'm sorry. It will get better," he replied. I hope so.

"You're going through a lot right now. You might think it won't get better, but it will. You have to give it time. Don't stress over it. And if no one ones to sit with you, I will be there everyday." He kissed my forehead and I immediately smiled. God, what have I've done to deserve him.

"You deserve the whole world," he said, like he just read my mind. I chuckled.

"Night, I love you." I kissed his lips.

It was almost eleven by the time I got ready for bed and then spoke with Dane, but it was worth it.

~
The next day, it was the same routine, this time I went in to work earlier because I was working a ten hour shift.

Thank god I have Dane because If now I wouldn't know what to do. I didn't want to keep asking my sister and mom to keep picking and dropping off Owen.

Dane had a later practice today, but he likes going to the gym. So he would do that once he dropped Owen off.

"Fuck you look so sexy," Dane said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I'm wearing scrubs," I replied.

"You could be wearing a trash bag and you'd still be so sexy." I rolled my eyes at his horrible pick up line.

"Sure Dane,"

"I need to shower," I said.

"Okay, I'll start dinner." He said.

"Thank you,"

Once I took off my dirty scrubs, I immediately got in the shower.

I started dinner with Owen's help

I started dinner with Owen's help. I had to teach Owen how to cook because he shouldn't depend on anyone else cooking it for him. Like if he ever lives on his own, he should know how to cook instead of spending a lot of money on take out. Same goes with if he ever gets a girlfriend or boyfriend he shouldn't depend on them and getting used to have a meal cooked for him every day. It's a team effort.

"Great job, now add a little bit of the garlic. Make sure to spread it." I said, helping him spread the fresh garlic on the seasoned garlic bread.

The smell of the pungent garlic made my nose water, but it would be worth eating with the bread.

"Is this good?" Owen asked, as he was standing on the step stool.

"Perfect," I smiled.

"Okay, I'm going to put it in the oven now. Stand back," I told him. He took a step off the black step stool and moved back.

I opened the oven and placed the bread in there. "Okay, now we wait."

I stirred the pasta and the sauce on the sauce pan. It looked so fucking good. I was so proud of myself.

"Okay, we can go watch the movie now." I said. Owen ran to the couch and took his place, while I sat next to him.

"What are we watching today?" I asked, curiously.

~

BEEP BEEP

A loud beep made me jump, waking me up. Shit! I fell asleep. Today's practice really got to me and I didn't get to take a nap today.

"What the hell is going on?" Amelia asked, running down the stairs in her pajamas.

"Shit, I fell asleep." I told her. I pressed the button on the smoke detector to shut it off. I opened the oven and a big puff of smoke came out. I coughed and waved a towel to stop the smoke.

I took out the hot pan and placed it on the stove. Then I looked at the pasta and saw it was completely burnt.

"Fuck, there goes our dinner." I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"It's okay, let's just go out." Amelia chuckled. She turned off the stove and oven. Then we went out to dinner instead.