07.

Birthday Party

I worked really hard on this party

I worked really hard on this party. I hoped Owen was happy with it, because it cost a lot and took a lot of my time.

Owen asked to invite Dane and his teammates, so I did. He said he would be here, I hoped he would make it, if not, Owen would be disappointed.

"Mom! My friends are here! Can I open the door?" Owen shouted from the kitchen, I was still inside the living, setting up.

"Sure honey, I'll be right there!" I replied back, putting my last touches.

I walked into the kitchen, to our front door, where I saw Owen's friends and their moms'. Unfortunately, Adian and my sister couldn't make it because he got the flu. He was very disappointed. 

"Hi Amelia! I'm so excited for the boys to have this kind of experience! Do you know how you got in touch with the football players?" Kyle's mom asked.

I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. "Umm... well we're great friends, so I asked him." I faked smile.

Jealously ran through her eyes. She was married, I didn't know why she was jealous. "Oh, okay. Well I'll pick him up later, thanks again." She said her farewell's before leaving.

Other kids got dropped off, my house started filling up with children. A lot of children.

The party started at five, it was now five thirty. He wasn't that late, so I wasn't going to call him. I'll send him a quick text.

Dane (The football Star) 🏈

Hey, just checking in! Everything okay? Wondering where you are! :)

Sorry, my teammates are asses and can't read time. We're on our way now.

Okay, perfect!

I smiled down at my phone. "Mom, Is Dane on his way?" Asked, a frowning Owen.

I replied, "Yes sweetie, he lost track of time. Go and play. I'll let you know when he's here, alright?" I smiled down at him. He nodded his head, putting a smile on his face before running away.