20.

The Real Dinner

"You got this, okay? Maybe after the dinner, you two can talk it out

"You got this, okay? Maybe after the dinner, you two can talk it out. She sees how far you have come, Dane." I said, as I comforted him, rubbing his shoulders.

He nods, facing me and looking at me. "I don't know what I'd do without you Amelia, because of you, I feel like I belong somewhere." He says, honestly. Instead of replying, I grab his shirt and bring his mouth to mine. He wraps his hands around my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck. My hands slid in his hair. I loved the way it felt. It was soft and short, but not too short. This kiss felt like winning the lottery.

"Tonight," I say, pulling apart. I get a good look at his swollen red lips and messy hair from our kiss. He smirked and pecked my lips.

"But you have to talk to your mom okay, and then, maybe, just maybe, you will get a reward." I grin.

"Okay, then let's go." He grabs my hand and pulls me towards the stairs. I chuckle.

"Hey Owen, are you ready and dressed?" I asked as I see him sitting on the couch, watching some sports channel.

It has been about a week since the failure of the other dinner. I convinced Dane to invite her over to our house. I think Dane would be more comfortable, because it didn't bring up memories. Good or bad.

Once I'm in the kitchen, I pull out the roasted carrots from the over and stir the homemade mash potatoes in the pot.

"Yes, is it okay if I watch the rest of this before she gets here?" He asks, turning towards me.

"Yeah, that's fine, but first come set the table please." I say. He nods his head, grabbing plates, napkins, and utensils.

"You look pretty mom," said Owen. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you," I was wearing mom jeans and a beige sweater. For my jewelry, I wore gold and light makeup.

"Who's winning?" Dane asked, taking a sip of root beer as he looked at the college football on the TV.