Sneaking off- PART 1

Trevor's POV

Derek and I sprinted out the door as the final bell rang. We had both been super excited for the school day to end. I was going to sleep over at his house today, and I was ecstatic.

The truth is, Derek and i are dating, but our parents don't know that. Derek's parents have always been religious, and i have no idea what my mom would think. And of course Derek's little sister would tease the living crap out of us.

We got in my car and i started the engine.

"I can't wait to finally be able to get my own car. No offense, but having you drive me around everywhere is a little embarrassing." He chuckles.

"What? You don't like riding shotgun with me while i blare briteny spears?" I give him a playful nudge and we both laugh.

"Yea, because you screaming 'hit me baby one more time' in front of my entire neighborhood is sooo cool." he jokes, nudging me back.

After about 20 minutes, we finally get to Dereks house. We walkinside and set our bags down by the coat rack (yes, his family is fancy enough to have a coat rack.) Derek's mom was cooking dinner and Kristal, Dereks sister, was sitting at the table.

"What were you two losers doing?" She says.

"Nothing, we were just coming home." Derek says annoyed. His sister was always mean to him, and sometimes me too.

"There was a lot of traffic. I'd be surprised if you'd know anything about that considering you're only 14" I said smugly

"At least i didn't fail my drivers test like Derek!" She spat.

"Ok! Ok! Enough you guys. Derek, take Trevor up to your room or wherever you were going. And Kristal, stop picking fights with your brother for once!" Derek's mom shouts.

"Fine." Derek huffs.

"Whatever." Kristal says.

We go to the stairs. "By the way Mrs Johnson, your dress is nice!" I say.

"Why thank you! I had to wear it today for an auction. I got to look nice if I want to sell that house!" she laughs. Derek's mom works In retail, and from what I've heard from Derek, she takes it very seriously.

Derek drags me upstairs and we go to his room. When we get inside he flops down on his bed. "God school tires me out. Luckily tomorrow's Friday. Then, we can go to that restaurant we wanted to have a date at!"

My smile fades. "Oh, i thought i told you. The restaurant changed its schedule. It's now only open from Mondays to Thursdays... "

Derek's smile fades when I finish my sentence. "Are you serious?" I nod. "God dammit!" he whisper-shouts, not wanting his mom to hear him. She doesn't let him swear. Last time he did in front of her, he got his mouth washed out with soap AND his PS3 was taken away for like two months. The word he said was hell.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I only found it out yesterday." I say.

"Don't blame yourself babe, it's not your fault." he sits up and hugs me. "I just dont know what we're gonna do. My parents definitely won't let us go tonight, and I was really hoping we could go."

I try to think of something, but I couldn't. Suddenly, Derek's eyes widen. "What time do they close?" he asks me. I can tell by his smile that he has an idea.

"I think they close at 12 am." I say. "Wait, are you suggesting we-"

"Sneak out? That's the only way we can go tonight."

"I... Guess you're right." I say Hesitantly.

Derek can tell how nervous I am about this. "Hey we'll be okay, I promise. We don't have to do this if you don't want to. "