Chapter 729 - Shadow Strifer!

The two Slayers rushed toward the Mandara Serpent. They leaped into the air and landed a flurry of blows on its body. A string of a dozen damage values displaying over 2,000 damage each floated up above its head.

What ridiculous attack speed!

The Mandara Serpent gaped open its maw and pounced forward. The two Slayers dodged to the side. Leaping up in the air once more, they let loose with another combo of skills.

Nie Yan was inwardly startled. Sure enough, the classes of the Demon Tribe were strong. In terms of class skills and innate skills, both Mystics and Slayers had their own unique strengths. In a direct confrontation, their high attack power was definitely something to be feared. But Nie Yan was a Thief. He snuck around in the shadows and pounced out at the perfect opportunity to deal a fatal blow. With their low health, they didn't have the slightest advantage against him.

"Godking told us to collect some Crimsonheart Grass while we're up here on the surface," one of the Mystics in dark red leather armour said.

"How are we supposed to do that? We don't know where anything is," Hell Ghost said gloomily.

These guys belong to Pantheon! Nie Yan's heart trembled. Though his knowledge of the underworld was shallow, he knew at least this much. Similar to how Fallen Angel was the leviathan of the Undead Empire, Pantheon was the leviathan of the Demon Tribe. They were a very low-key guild with only a little over 100,000 players. However they were rumoured to have many experts. The guild leader Godking rarely ever revealed himself to the public, but Pantheon held a lot of prestige. During their peak in the previous timeline, they had 600 Silver Wings.

Nie Yan played around with Zennarde's Sword in his hand. Since Hell Ghost and the others showed up in his territory knowing full well the dangers, there was no one they could blame. With them coming after his Death God's Edge, he couldn't let them go. After thinking for a moment, he activated the ability of the Shadow Walker Cloak, hiding all his information, then swapped out Zennarde's Sword for another dagger.

Like this, even if Nie Yan killed Hell Ghost and the other four, they wouldn't know who killed them.

He already had his plate full with Angel Corps and the Century Financial Group. He didn't wish to make more powerful enemies.

Locking onto Hell Ghost, Nie Yan shot forward.

Hell Ghost and the other two Mystics brandished their swords and were about to rush forward and deal with the Mandara Serpent, when a silhouette appeared behind them.

Hell Ghost suddenly felt a cold nip at the back of his neck. His heart tightened. As he prepared to swing around to counterattack, his body refused to cooperate. He was immobilized!

What's going on!?

A sharp light flashed before his eyes. Before he had the chance to react, a dagger ruthlessly slashed across his throat.

PSSFFHT! Blood sprayed out into the air.

Hell Ghost's health bar bottomed out, and he collapsed to the ground.

Nie Yan smirked. Even though Silver Wings were only second to Masters, they were still nothing to him. For the sake of pursuing power, those from the Demon Tribe sacrificed a great deal of health and defense. A Mystic was probably not much more durable than a human Thief. After seizing the opportunity, he only needed a single attack to end the opponent's life.

After killing Hell Ghost, Nie Yan immediately disappeared back into stealth.

"Shit, there's a Thief!"