Chapter 634 - Cardinal!

Nie Yan dashed through the forest. After about 30 minutes, he finally spotted a Rank 4 monster.

It was a Sanguine Silver Wolf, a large wolf with silver white fur and eyes as red as blood. The beast roamed around between the trees.

Nie Yan slowly closed in on the Sanguine Silver Wolf from behind until he was only about five meters away. It was still completely oblivious to his presence.

Suddenly, Nie Yan shot forward and pounced toward the Sanguine Silver Wolf with his dagger raised. He was as graceful as the wind.

The blade of Zennarde's Sword flashed with a sharp, dazzling light, as it drew a strange almost illusory arc through the air.

Sniffing out a threat in the air, the Sanguine Silver Wolf leaped out of the way. Evading Nie Yan's attack, it swung around and pounced at him.

The Sanguine Silver Wolf's reflexes and reaction speed were insane, and its movements were just as fast.

Nie Yan still wasn't used to the sharp increase in stats after advancing to a Luminous Dancer. So, his movements were a bit clumsy.

Faced with a powerful enemy, Nie Yan felt a strange sensation overcome him. As his joints stirred, every muscle fibre and tendon in his body brimmed with explosive power. The Sanguine Silver Wolf's movements slowed to a complete crawl in his eyes, as though he were viewing it in slow motion, allowing him to easily spot its weaknesses. This feeling became increasingly clear. He instantly knew how best to respond in this situation.

Nie Yan leaned to the side, avoiding the pounce by a hair. As the Sanguine Silver Wolf's forelimbs flew past his shoulders, he twisted his torso and delivered an elbow strike squarely to its forehead. BANG! It let out a loud whimper as it was sent tumbling backwards.

"So, this is a Luminous Dancer... It's incredible! I've never felt so free in my entire life!" Nie Yan's face lit up with excitement.

Nie Yan hadn't felt anything different when fighting with his mirror image previously because it was significantly stronger than him. Now that he was faced with a more suitable opponent to gauge himself against, he finally understood the strength that came with becoming a Luminous Dancer.

Nie Yan's movement speed was far higher than that of the Rank 4 Sanguine Silver Wolf. In comparison, it really was as slow as a snail.

He completely dominated the battle.

After crashing into the ground, the Sanguine Silver Wolf struggled back to its feet. It let out a deep howl and swiftly circled around Nie Yan before pouncing in.

Nie Yan's senses rapidly spread out. Just like a moment ago, the Sanguine Silver Wolf appeared to be moving at the speed of molasses.

As the Sanguine Silver Wolf closed in, Nie Yan raised his leg up high and then brought his foot down with the fury of a thunder god. BANG! He executed a ruthless axe kick, spiking the beast's head into the ground and violently rattling its brain.

Nie Yan's timing and execution were flawless.

The might of a Shadow Dancer was on full display!

When one's stats reached a certain level, low rank monsters like the Sanguine Silver Wolf were nothing!

The Sanguine Silver Wolf kept struggling back to its feet and attempting to pounce on Nie Yan. But no matter how much it endeavoured, no matter which angle it came in from, its attacks were easily neutralized and countered. About half-a-minute later, its health finally fell to zero, and it collapsed on the ground.