Chapter 621 - Even Saints Have a Limit to Their Tolerance

Skyrocketing to prominence shortly after the release of Conviction, Asskickers United was legendary among ordinary players. They gathered only the most outstanding players, and had the best equipment out of all the large guilds.

Being the owner of a Brilliant Sun Set was enough to propel you to a first-rate Warrior in any ordinary guild. But in Asskickers United, you would barely count as a second-rate if not a third-rate player.

Xu Yan had a proud look on his face. Most Asskickers United players felt a strong attachment to the guild. So much so even former members, who departed on the promise of greener pastures, would still reminisce about their days in the guild every so often. To truly consider yourself a part of a greater whole, to stand together in both shame and glory... such sentiments weren't so easy to erase.

Take Dark Hero for example. Even if the guild was nothing more than an empty husk, many former members still thought back to its glory days.

Loyalty was also a type of conviction.

As Xu Yan enthusiastically talked about his piece of equipment, Nie Yan gave a wry smile. Given what he knew of Xu Yan's personality, he likely wouldn't move away from this topic for the rest of the day.

Nie Yan could relate with Xu Yan. In the previous timeline, he would often get just as excited over obtaining a piece of Gold- or Dark Gold-grade equipment. Nowadays though, even Legendary equipment didn't spark much emotion in him.

Seeing Xu Yan like this, Nie Yan couldn't help but recall his past life.

"Getting all excited over a measly Level 85 chestplate. Hah! What more can you expect from trash?" Fu Guangtao interjected as he happened to walk by.

Nie Yan furrowed his brows. He really didn't like Fu Guangtao's tone.

Xia Tianyu, Xu Yan, and Fei Zhe all snorted, ignoring Fu Guangtao.

Nie Yan had heard from Xu Yan that Fu Guangtao had found a wealthy backer inside the game. He was provided the Adherent Set, a Level 80 Dark Gold-grade set. In the entire class, he was only second to Bai Jun in terms of gear quality. This was why he kept showing off in front of them.

Fu Guangtao glanced over at Nie Yan. The two locked eyes.

"Nie Yan, what level are you? You know, I don't think I've ever once heard you talk about the game. Well, whenever you're not quote unquote busy, you're always welcome to join us in our dungeon runs. We've already reached the Level 80 dungeon, Mysterious Cavern. Don't worry. If your level is too low, we can always carry you. Heh." Fu Guangtao chuckled, his voice laced with venom.

During these last few weeks, many people had asked Nie Yan what level he was, what class he played, and so on. However, he would always avoid answering by changing the topic, incurring the ridicule of some classmates. They believed he was too embarrassed to tell anyone because he was a low level nobody. So, he kept his ingame persona tightly under wraps.

"I'm in the middle of a quest right now. I probably won't be out for another month or two. But sure, why not? I don't see any harm in running dungeons with you guys," Nie Yan said with a placid smile.

"Tsk, what kind of quest takes two months to do. I've heard five year olds come up with better excuses..." Fu Guangtao muttered to himself in a voice just loud enough for Nie Yan and the others to hear.

"This motherf-" Xia Tianyu, Xu Yan, and Fei Zhe shot up from their seats, anger flaring from their eyes.

Fu Guangtao immediately shut his mouth, knowing not to push things too far. He shot Nie Yan's group a look of disdain and then walked past. If Nie Yan actually had any real clout inside the game, he would've long since retaliated after such provocations. Fu Guangtao refused to believe he had this much composure, which was why Zhao Shiyu and the others were convinced he was low level trash in the game.