Chapter 725 - Sacred Object - Death God's Edge!

The rewards for killing Necromancer Vorderman were astounding.

Defeating a legendary existence was an unreachable dream for most players. Even Masters were nothing more than ants in front of Necromancer Vorderman.

Nie Yan's gaze fell on his hand, wondering what he had caught with his web line just a moment ago.

After carefully examining it, Nie Yan discovered it was a dagger about three fingers long. The blade was engraved with archaic and mysterious looking runes. It flickered with a cold light which shook his very soul, like a venomous viper eyeing its prey.

An icy feeling spread out from the handle, slightly numbing Nie Yan's hand.

The dagger struggled in his grasp, almost like it had a mind of its own.

Nie Yan sensed a spirit residing in the dagger. It was an extremely frightening existence, even more so than Necromancer Vorderman.

Nie Yan examined the dagger's properties.

Death God's Edge: Sacred Object

Description: A treasure of Hades. The key to open the gates of Hell.

Requirements: 50,000 Strength, 15,000 Dexterity, 300 Divine Power

Properties: 37,000 Attack, 50% chance to deal 3,000% damage, 60% chance to inflict 30 Rank 20 darkness-type curses through Death Sentence, All Dark Skill Ranks +10

Death God Tempest: Summon a tempest from the day of judgement, wiping out the target from existence. Area of effect is determined by Divine Power.

Note: cannot be deposited into storage; drops upon death.

Nie Yan was dumbstruck. Just what kind of item was this Death God's Edge? Its properties were beyond overpowered!

Anyone who possessed this dagger would basically be invincible!

However, the Death God's Edge clearly wasn't something an ordinary player could wield, with a requirement of 50,000 Strength and 15,000 Dexterity. Even after reaching Level 200, Nie Yan would still be a far cry away from obtaining such stats. As for Divine Power, he had no idea what it even was.

So, Nie Yan didn't bother too much about its properties. No matter how strong it was, it was useless if he couldn't use it. His main focus was on the description. A treasure of Hades. The key to opening the gates of Hell. What did this mean?

Could this Death God's Edge bring him to another world?

Were the rumours in legends true? Did Hell exist, and more importantly could this item bring him there?

Thinking about all these things was meaningless. Nie Yan put away the Death God's Edge into his bag.

At this time, Nie Yan received a notification.

Seek out Archangel Tallod to learn more clues about the Death God's Edge. Until then, keep it safe. Many powerful denizens of Hell are searching all over for its whereabouts.

Nie Yan furrowed his brows, sinking deep into thought. It appeared the Death God's Edge was no small matter. Finding Archangel Tallod would be difficult. Even though he knew Tallod was guarding the passage leading to the underworld, no one knew his exact location.

This was definitely a high difficulty quest. He could guarantee there were even more similarly difficult quests to follow in the chain. So, he opted to leave it on the backburner for now.

At this moment, the Darkwing Dragon slowly landed in front of Nie Yan. It gently nudged him with its head, letting out a sad whine.

Nie Yan inspected the Darkwing Dragon's condition. It was heavily wounded. Its scales were eroded by the miasma. These weren't injuries that'd heal in a day or two. In fact, with such severe injuries, it was a miracle it was still alive.