Chapter 661 - 30 Paladins!

"Quite full of himself, huh. But I guess he has the bite to back up his bark," Nie Yan remarked after seeing Lei Su's announcement. At present, the number of people capable of rivalling him could be counted on his fingers.

Nie Yan dispatched people to get in touch with Lei Su. He also wanted to see how strong Lei Su had become after advancing to a Sword Saint.

Nie Yan had nothing to take care of for now, so he decided to make a trip to the Cripps Stronghold and meet up with Xie Yao.

Xie Yao stood outside the entrance of the guild headquarters. Seeing Nie Yan approaching, she immediately went up to greet him.

A white radiance enveloped Xie Yao who radiated a powerful holy power. The gentle light contrasted with her fair face making her appear even more lovely.

Seeing Xie Yao's angelic-like appearance, Nie Yan's heart trembled.

Walking up to Xie Yao's side, Nie Yan felt a holy aura wash over him. At this moment, she already had seven pieces of Legendary equipment and had just advanced to a Holy Magister. He couldn't help but wonder how strong she had become.

"Where's Tang Yao?" Nie Yan asked.

"He went to get some things from his personal storage. He'll be back in a minute," Xie Yao replied. She gazed at Nie Yan with her bright eyes, her expression filled with warmth.

After a while, Tang Yao hurried over from around the street corner.

"Hah... hahhh.... Sorry, I'm late." Tang Yao scratched his head, still catching his breath.

Nie Yan glanced at the Arcane Fairy floating by Tang Yao's side. Blub blub blub... It was, like always, blowing out bubbles and pulsing out waves of mana into the surroundings

"Wow! Your Arcane Fairy is Rank 6!?" Nie Yan asked in surprise. He could clearly feel that the aura surrounding the Arcane Fairy was much stronger than before. It had also grown bigger.

"Hehe... Yeah. Rank 6.5." Tang Yao rubbed his nose.

Nie Yan's heart shook. A Rank 6 Arcane Fairy was already quite powerful. Evolving it was incredibly difficult, to the extent that filling its experience bar by just 1% required a ridiculous sum of experience. However, according to rumours, someone in the previous timeline had raised their Arcane Fairy to Rank 6.5. Though there wasn't a big boost to its stats, it gained the Spirit Transcendence property, allowing its owner to learn an extra two Forbidden Spells compared to ordinary Magisters.

Magisters could only learn three Forbidden Spells, of which only one could be a massive area offensive spell. This was already quite amazing. However, the Rank 6.5 Arcane Fairy broke through this limit, allowing a Magister to learn five Forbidden Spells, of which two could be massive area offensive spells.

Forbidden Spells had extremely long cooldown times, 10 days being on the shorter end and a month on the longer. Some especially powerful ones even had cooldowns of up to two months. One could imagine the significance of having an extra two Forbidden Spells at hand.

"Not bad, your Arcane Fairy is ranking up pretty fast. Do your best to get it to Rank 7," Nie Yan said with a voice full of pride and motivation. Tang Yao was definitely the fastest to train his Arcane Fairy up to Rank 6.5 in both the previous and present timelines. Maybe in the future, it would reach Rank 7.

No one knew what a Rank 7 Arcane Fairy was like. Even for most Magisters, it was an existence equivalent to a Divine-grade item.

"Mhm, yeah. It's getting harder and harder to raise its rank. Not to mention Rank 6 to 7 is a huge bottleneck. I did some calculations in my head. It'll take me close to a year to evolve it to Rank 7," Tang Yao said. His knowledge of raising an Arcane Fairy definitely far surpassed that of any other player.