²⁷ 𝐄𝐥𝐨𝐩𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

It was 3 o'clock in the morning, the moon was shining in a dark sky with stars. Everyone was asleep and the only ones who had just woken up were the police officers with a criminal named Reo Mikage. Isagi had recently returned from a secret dinner and his butt was sore from the fun. No one suspects or knows anything except Rin Itoshi.

But that's the worst part, because Yoichi had completely forgotten about the escape thing and absolutely refused to participate. Now he's standing in a room with his friends, staring at the stuff they've managed to pack. Bags of clothes and food, mostly a lot of money.

Isagi doesn't want to leave, but to say it is like a death wish for him.

"All right, we got everything? Ready to go to the basement?" Reo quietly asked them, they all nodded. Yoichi just was silent and didn't move at all.

"Great, then follow me quietly, please"

The trip down the stairs is the part you don't want anyone to experience. It was constantly cracking and making loud noise. And the way they carried the bags, they were ten times heavier. Adrenaline was running through their veins, so they were always ready to run.

Reo watched from all sides, growing more and more sorry the closer they came down. No, he's not gonna get emotional now. There's no going back.

"Reo, watch out.." Nagi quietly stopped him and took him around the waist. Mikage noticed that he almost fell down a hole and might have woken someone up. But the position they were in now was quite nice.

"E-Ehm, thanks.."

He opened the door to the cellar and it was very dark. Almost like something from a horror movie when something nasty jumps out and kills you. Everyone got goosebumps, even the stronger and braver ones.

Nagi shined his flashlight straight down the stairs to see something. It was even more terrifying. If they found dead bodies, they wouldn't be surprised.

"Anyone want to go first? This is just scary" Mikage tried to smile at the cops, making them know he's scared as hell. Rin rolled his eyes.

"You've lived your whole life in the worst conditions and suddenly you're afraid to go into the dark?" young Itoshi mocked him, it was clear to them that he just had to say something about it. Yoichi didn't like the tone, his overall disgusting presence.

"I go first, I don't care" Nagi was determined, Reo was relieved and happily followed him. Kunigami had to be careful not to fall with those things. He was barely breathing properly.
Isagi went down the very last of them, he could still turn around and go back to bed. But then he closed the door behind him anyway.

'I'm not leaving, I'll think of something.. I WILL!'

When they were down below the building, it smelled like vomit and shit. There was no worse smell in the world than that. Unable to stop coughing, Reo looked for that specific place to put the keys to get out. After a few minutes he was losing his nerve and hope because he couldn't see anything.

"Jesus fucking christ, dude! I see absolute shit that I can't even find the secret door!"

"Come on, it's gonna be okay. I'm sure they'll be around here somewhere" Kunigami tried to light him up. It didn't work though so Nagi had to step in. Went closer to Reo with a flashlight.

"Let's take it slow, I'll shine a flashlight on walls, okay?" Mikage frowned for a few more seconds, then got tired of it and calmed down.

"Sure.."

The other 3 of them waited patiently in the background, also somehow trying to find the door in the dark. Little did they know that something big was coming outside, and it really isn't nice. The wind was rising from all sides of the buildings that it was almost hitting the windows.