⁰⁴ 𝐃𝐨𝐜𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

As the next day arrived, in the afternoon Isagi Yoichi nervously walked around the large police mansion. Time was running out and he didn't have as much time before the evening as he had thought.

The worst part was he had no access to the 10 documents the crime boss wants. It takes one card to do that, which is always the kind of people who make it their job to keep these things safe. Only the dark-haired man had no idea how to get it, or steal it, because he couldn't just tell these people he'd lose his life if he didn't bring the stuff.

'Wow, this is so stressful.. Who can help me?' He asked in his head, he hadn't seen his friends in two days. Maybe if he was lucky enough to have them help him secretly.

It would be much easier for him and for his safety.

His steps went straight to where the documents should be hidden. Yes, it would be useless if he had no way in, but he had to get there somehow. That's also the reason when he started covering his face with the coat he had in his hand so no one would recognize him.

'I have to get the damn documents! Why the hell does he want them, anyway? I don't like it, but I have to get th-' Isagi's thoughts were interrupted when he bumped hard into something or someone.

He was almost falling backwards when he was saved by a helping hand. He raised his head and eyes to look into the face of his best friend; Rin Itoshi. The taller man's gaze looked incredibly surprised, his cheeks turning a little red when he saw Isagi. Of course, then his normal self returned back.

"Where the hell have you been? It's been two days and I'm stressing out because you're not returning my calls and texts! I thought you died!"

Rin frowned, the smaller man feeling deeply guilty. His phone is destroyed and he has to wait for a new one to arrive, he remembered what happened yesterday and his stomach did a backwards somersault out of fear.

"Sorry, buddy, let's just say yesterday was almost my last day alive.. and today's probably my last day too-" Rin put his hand on his shoulder and they looked into each other's eyes more seriously than ever. Isagi had never seen such concern in his eyes before.

"W-What do you mean?.. Is there something I can do? P-Please talk.." the young Itoshi asked him.

"I don't know if you're gonna be able to help me. This is an insane assignment from the crime boss"

"From the crime boss? Dude Isagi, you better tell me everything from the beginning before I lose my mind here-"

"Alright- Alright- Listen.."

And then it was coming out of the dark-haired man's mouth. He said everything he was told by his friend, from beginning to end, like a story from a book. Meanwhile Rin just stood there, his hands shaking, he didn't know if it was from fear or something else. It was all screwed up, that was all he thought, or rather they both thought.

Now even the taller man knew about the documents, the card, the assignment, whatever. He thought of a plan, as long as his co-worker didn't lose his life when he got there again to that place full of danger.

But he wants to take risks for him.

"I'll help you, I'll steal the card and we'll secretly go into the room, okay?"

Isagi didn't know if he was joking or if he was serious. But Rin is always truthful, honest, sometimes too much so. They stared at each other uncertainly for a moment, especially the dark-haired man.

"Why would you take a risk like that, Rin? This is about me, not us or you-"

"Because-! Because I just want to help you, asshole! Do you understand that?" The dark green man interrupted him again, not really knowing what much he was saying. They were both getting lost in the shuffle. Isagi opened his eyes more surprisingly and smiled which only made Rin more angry.