¹⁶ 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

It's been a few days since the conversation with Rin Itoshi. Everything seemed normal, the only change was that they hadn't spoken a single word to each other. Nagi and Kunigami suspected something and exchanged glances with each other, but they didn't say anything.

Young Itoshi was still depressed, trying to push his emotions into the ground and not let them surface. Sometimes he would look in the mirror and wonder what he was doing wrong to get this as a reward. A life with so much karma just because a criminal came into their lives. And then he'd lie back in bed and dream about his friend.

Reo, that nervous friend of Bachira, every time he had a chance he took it out on Nagi to become friends. Let's just say the white haired cop loves privacy and silence, unfortunately he almost didn't get any of that as the other man kept following his ass everywhere. Except for the bathroom, but that's logical.

But the man didn't give up, he put his energy and heart into getting the cop to notice him. That's why he started watching Nagi, what he does during the day. He cleans, talks to his friends and sleeps. He sleeps a lot. by the way. Reo knows very well why he behaves this way, because he finds Nagi extremely attractive.

Like the man of his dreams, he doesn't stop raving about him when he's in the room with his own friends. They're trying really hard to listen, to respect it, but they find it annoying;

"Have you even seen him asleep? And how he purses his lips sometimes when he concentrates? Isn't that amazing?! And adorable-"

"Reo, you've already said that like ten times" Chigiri clutched his head wearily and explained. Kaiser and Shidou were gorging themselves on food, Bachira watching them in disgust.

"-Wmwat?" they both asked when they noticed their boss's expression. He just waved his hand and smiled slightly forcedly. He seemed restless, sometimes literally losing sight of his surroundings and just staring at one spot. Meguru even becomes paranoid that the government will soon catch them and murder them in their sleep.

He went over to the table and had a beer, then drank coffee and vodka. He wanted to have a cigarette, but he stopped and remembered the incident from the hericopter. Isagi can't stand the smell and the idea of someone having to smoke next to him. So he pockets the thing again and give up.

The boss hasn't had time for this man lately. He had to organize and plan things. Gang asked him if this was a good idea, he says yes and he still stands by it. It's a fact that he sometimes wants to kill whoever is around him just because he's in a bad mood. But Meguru is still maintained, it has to be, it's an obligation.

As Bachira sat with his friends, Chigiri kept watching him. It wasn't in a creepy way, but he suspected something. He wasn't happy about the whole police thing either, he just saw strange changes, the man just felt something was very off like off.

Especially Isagi Yoichi, and that's the problem why Chigiri has such thoughts.

"Boss, is something bothering you?" he eventually asked him and kept watching him closely.

"Bothering me? Hah! Of course not! Just a normal day as always, can't you see that?" Bachira replied with a sly smile, his friend unable to tell if he was being ironic or serious. So now he had to be very careful for the next words. Like really careful.

"... Is this about someone? Like that cop named Mr. Isagi?"

Yeah, that wasn't a really clever move.

"Wow, now I think I know where you're going with this, Chigiri." Meguru sighed in a disbelief "I'm guessing that's the same question you're asking yourself too, am I right?" then pointed his finger at Reo, Shidou and Kaiser. They looked at each other hesitantly for a moment but finally agreed. He couldn't believe he was going to have to explain this in person to make everyone understand.

"L-Look, fellas. If you think what you think, it's not true. It's just the stress is getting to me-" Meguru lied because he didn't sound as confident as he did before. Chigiri rested his chin on the hand and had to step in somehow to make himself clear, even if it was his boss;

"Whether it's true or not, boss. Just don't do anything stupid, take it as a warning, because it may not end well"

"Yeah, we agree on that too, boss. We have much different things to worry about than they have, and so does life" Kaiser joined the conversation, the others nodded in an agreement. It opened Bachira's eyes, they're right about everything, and he understands they're worried. But whether he follows through on this, is another matter.

That kiss he had with Isagi Yoichi was like a Christmas present to him. He really liked it in some way, even if it's wrong or totally illegal. But he promised him they'd get to know each other more, and that's something he doesn't want to just throw in the trash and not care about. This must be a secret.

One night he had this strange dream, rather like Isagi's dream he had in his hericopter. But different scenery, so romantic and tense. He stood under the night with the stars, next to Yoichi. It was as alive as if he were there himself. But he couldn't hear anything as they talked. And afterwards Bachira could see himself approaching him in an embrace with a kiss.

This dream ended immediately and he had to do his best not to freak out, until now he doesn't know what it was all about. Like the meaning of it.

Meguru talked to his crew for a while, then apologized for leaving. He didn't say where, of course, because he was going straight to that cop's room on the higher floor. He's going to try to do nothing, more conversation and knowledge of each other can't really ruin it, can it?

Bachira was kind of caught red-handed when he arrived, because he wasn't alone as he walked down the hall. Rin was standing there, and it looked like he was headed to his own room. The look on young Itoshi's face was instantly disgusted and furious when he noticed him. I guess he hoped he wouldn't see the bad boss this day.

"Where do you think you're going?" Rin began to ask questions, his eyebrows glossing down as he frowned. Bachira obviously didn't like that tone of him, sounded like a spoiled brat to him.

"Watch your tone, you asshole." he smiled triumphantly as he saw the look on his face, then continued "I'm going to tell your lovely friend just what he's going to do tomorrow because I think he deserves it"

"Huh?! That's your reason? Don't you dare do anything to him, you fucking son of a bitch" Rin spat angrily and just glared at that man. He tried not to yell or be loud, it would have been messed up. Bachira certainly won't tolerate this kind of behavior, and not against anyone in the big leagues anymore.

Plus, this man is really getting on his nerves.

He smiled wickedly and walked back down the stairs to the room where his friends were still. He told them what to do if someone behaved badly. And so they did, all four of his friends went to a higher floor and grabbed Rin's body and carried him to another building to deal with him.

Bachira couldn't stop laughing when he saw it, finally getting a moment's peace from him.

So, even in good spirits, he went politely to Isagi's room, where he knocked and went in. Little does he know, though, that Kunigami and Nagi watched the whole situation, and with horror in their eyes must have heard the screams of pain that were in another building. Their friend was beaten till he bleed.